• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I.D. Kenwood speakers please?

longwalker

Member
I was at an estate sale today and there were these square Kenwood speakers with 2 woofers, horn mid, and horn tweeter. They were rated for 450 watts, and damn it, I should not have trusted my memory to remember the model number. They looked like concert speakers, and definitely vintage. Have any of you guys ever run across these? Thanks for any help!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I don't remember the model number, but I have seen them before. They sell for big bucks on Ebay when they come up. Last set I saw had a starting bid of $499. I'm a Kenwood nut,(vintage, and newer) so I wanted to buy them, but shipping was another $200, so I passed. I think someone reviewed a pair of them on AK a while back, and didn't think they were that great. However, alot of the people on this sight are very opinionated(and thats ok), and very particular when it comes to speakers, I would say Get them for the price you said, and if you don't like them, sell them to someone else(or me) for a good price.:music:
 
I don't remember the model number, but I have seen them before. They sell for big bucks on Ebay when they come up. Last set I saw had a starting bid of $499. I'm a Kenwood nut,(vintage, and newer) so I wanted to buy them, but shipping was another $200, so I passed. I think someone reviewed a pair of them on AK a while back, and didn't think they were that great. However, alot of the people on this sight are very opinionated(and thats ok), and very particular when it comes to speakers, I would say Get them for the price you said, and if you don't like them, sell them to someone else(or me) for a good price.:music:

Thanks for the help. I should really know better to trust my retention these days, hell, I walk in the garage to get something and forget why I walked in the first place.
 
Did they look like these?

Kenwood_MV-5D.JPG


Scott
 
Here are a couple of photos of the pair of Kenwood MV-7 speakers I picked up today ($90). One has a torn woofer cone (top right woofer). It looks repairable, especially if is the passive. The horns are very nice heavy metal and marked "Kenwood". I'm not that impressed with the tweets. I think the woofers are an active/passive pair.

I'm thinking I may donate these to my son's band director. It's a small private high school and they don't have much in the way of funds, so these might make good monitors in the band room. Can you see em hanging from the ceiling? :scratch2:
 

Attachments

  • MV-7 Small.JPG
    MV-7 Small.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 119
  • MV-7 Small (1).JPG
    MV-7 Small (1).JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
old post, I know.....but I'm going to go look at a set of these tomorrow. A single 5 and a single 7. Both appear to be in great shape.

I don't think it's active/passive.......I think it's 2 active woofers given that the enclosure has it's own ports.

The one's I'm looking at are likely newer as they have horn-shaped ports instead of standard round like those in the pics here.


Turborusty
 
yes, i have a set, theres 3 versions, mv-7a/7d, and mv9a, and mv-10a the mv7a/7d that i have wrll handle 550 watts input the others will handle more they range from $250.00 up depending who has, hope this helps, aceman
 
Back
Top Bottom