• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I.D this vintage TT please

barebones

Well-Known Member
Free from a garage sale attached to the chassis of a rca victor 8k-1 console radio out of the cabinet. The sticker on the needle says "patent pending".The motor and auto function and speed assembly all work, but need alot of tlc. Drive whee lrubber is all intact but worn. Is it worth the time? Does the 17 on the copper chassis help i.d. it?The needle is convertable from 45 and 33 to 78 at the flip of the needle
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I'll second Webster. It probably uses a tension spring to set the tracking force (probably in the 10-15 gram range). I'd only use it on period records that were not in the best of shape. I certainly wouldn't play any stereo records on it.
 
No counter weight, just a spring as you say. There is a little logo engraved on the underside, inside the arm a small diamond with a script capital G inside and a D-11475-D, serial # maybe?, and the cartridge revealed a webster Electric company label. Good calls on all accounts. Still is it worth and time!!!
 
Unless you plan to use it to restore a vintage radio or phonograph, I would not mess with it. If you want a stand alone record changer, there are plenty around that are more modern and won't be as hard on the records.
 
I wasn't particularly looking for a record changer and don't listen to that era of music on vinyl . I was a freebie i thought about toying with. The radio is a 60 wpc tube amp, so someday it may turn into something. I really am thinking about diy'ing a turntable now.....:scratch2:
A little more digging on the net turned up it may be a Milwaukee Erwood.
Complex little things really, considering the time-frame, as the battle waged for supremacy between Record manufacturers etc....So i'll clean it up and keep it as a curiosity.....until someone needs parts...muuaahahahahahhaa:deal:
 
That's the site i found the info...quite the read!!!
I'll stick to the beogram 1600 for the good vinyl,:thmbsp: till the Dual 1009 sk2 is tuned!!
 
The platter looks like the milwaukee erwood....right down to felt colour....so what's the difference between the two? the cartridge label said webster electric co.
 
I agree with KLH9. Generally, Websters had a more substantial mechanism underneath with more gears and stuff.

This one even has the same plate (platter) as the Milwaukee-Erwood on the changer site.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see the last post. Still same answer though :^)

Doug
 
Hi,

I think you have a Milwaukee-Erwood changer installed in that RCA. 10-15 gram tracking force. Use only for 78 RPM records and beater mono LP pressings.
 
Back
Top Bottom