• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I guess the cheeseheads are happy anyway!

Register to hide this ad
This really blows; I'm so disappointed in Brett.

I'm a HUGE fan of him and the Packers and it tore my heart out last March when the Day We Dreaded finally arrived. I was shocked as hell then as he had probably the best supporting cast about him returning in years, and really a legitimate shot at the SuperBowl, if not going deep in the playoffs at the very least. But he said he was worn out and watching him play in the cold in the last Bears game and the NFC Championship it really looked like he wanted to be elsewhere.

So to come out of the blue and say you want to play again after the Packers had committed to go in another direction is really poor form. I expected more form the guy. He seemed to be such a unique individual in modern sports, playing for basically one team, his love of the game, and his antics on the field and sidelines, all really set him apart. It just seems so wrong to me to even think of him in anything but Green and Gold, but it looks like if he wants to play, that's probably the way it will go.

FWIW, I am really proud though of what Ted Thompson is doing by sticking to his plan. One of my gripes in today's world is that everybody is so tuned into the short term and no one looks to the future past tomorrow. Well, Ted has stuck to his guns and not caved (yet??) to the pressure of returning Favre to his starter's role. Really how many guys out there would have the brass to tell a first ballot HOF QB and overall sports LEGEND that he will be a backup to an unproven young starter? And it seems McCarthy is right there with him too.

So right now, my best scenario is that he comes back to Green Bay, rides the pine, Rodgers gets hurt (which IS probably the biggest knock on the guy) and Brett is able to come off the bench and lead the Packers to some sort of magical playoff season, although after last year, it seems like only a Lombardi Trophy would fill that bill. but that's probably just the stuff of dreams.

So I hope he rethinks this and doesn't come back looking to be trades as I don't want to see the guy in anything but Green and Gold.

But I'm still disappointed in the guy and there's probably thousands of boys aged 17 years old or younger named Brett in Wisconsin who feel the same way. :yes:
 
Hate to see him like Montana or Namath as a washed up shell playing out the string for some other team.
 
Hate to see him like Montana or Namath as a washed up shell playing out the string for some other team.
Oh, I don't think he's washed up at all, which is why I was stunned he retired.
I don't want to see him playing for anyone else, period. It diminishes his legend.
 
I am a chesehead and I AM NOT HAPPY. Those of you who don't live in or near Green Bay have no idea what this is like for us. The Packers are a religion here and for the past few years the off season has been endless speculation and rumor. Will he or won't he come back? Poor Brett can't make up his mind... Well Farve needs to stay on his tractor. First he announces his retirement, then he tells Thompson he's changed his mind, 3 days later he changes it again. Now, he changes it yet again!!! He's trying to make it look like this nightmare is Thompson's fault but the Packers had no choice but to move on. Brett in any uniform but Green and Gold is not acceptable and he will not be wearing that again. It's Rodger's team now. God help us all. It makes me sick really. We love the guy. He's so much fun to watch and at times SO FRUSTRATING! But enough already. Time to hang em' up.

Maybe we can talk Bart out of retirement. It looks like he's in pretty good shape.
 
I too live in WI and I do see how for some folks here, the Packers ARE a religion. Its very disturbing. People naming their kids Brett, velvet wall hangings of Brett, Brett on a Harley, Brett touching the finger of God etc.


I have a police officer friend, he tells me domestic violence goes way up on the days when the Packers lose.

Bretts an amazing athlete and big fun to watch. I am a Steelers fan - but like anyone I appreciate his talent.

But the fan love for brett in this state borders on clinical obsession.
 
I am a chesehead and I AM NOT HAPPY. Those of you who don't live in or near Green Bay have no idea what this is like for us. The Packers are a religion here and for the past few years the off season has been endless speculation and rumor. Will he or won't he come back? Poor Brett can't make up his mind... Well Farve needs to stay on his tractor. First he announces his retirement, then he tells Thompson he's changed his mind, 3 days later he changes it again. Now, he changes it yet again!!! He's trying to make it look like this nightmare is Thompson's fault but the Packers had no choice but to move on. Brett in any uniform but Green and Gold is not acceptable and he will not be wearing that again. It's Rodger's team now. God help us all. It makes me sick really. We love the guy. He's so much fun to watch and at times SO FRUSTRATING! But enough already. Time to hang em' up.

Maybe we can talk Bart out of retirement. It looks like he's in pretty good shape.

Yep, Michael, I spent my 1st 29 years in Milwaukee, so I know the story. Brett Favre and Green Bay Packers were a storybook dream come true and all what's going on right now is taking the shine off.

BTW, he's supposed to be on "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren." tonight on FoxNews @ 10:00 EST, 9:00 CST back home. From what I see it's him pretty much saying he didn't feel wanted in Green Bay. I guess Thompson and McCarthy didn't quite treat him as "special" as Sherman did?? I didn't realize that the NFL's "Iron Man" was so sensitive??? BTW, early reports also have him saying he won't sit behind Rodgers and wants to go to a contending team, so that sort of leaves out Miami. I don't know what his options are though. Sit out and stick the Packers with a huge cap hit? I don't think he can go anywhere else w/o the Packers blessing and I'd guess if Goodell were to get involved he'd probably kick Brett's ass for causing this whole mess.

Too bad, because I loved watching him play.
 
I too live in WI and I do see how for some folks here, the Packers ARE a religion. Its very disturbing. People naming their kids Brett, velvet wall hangings of Brett, Brett on a Harley, Brett touching the finger of God etc.


I have a police officer friend, he tells me domestic violence goes way up on the days when the Packers lose.

Bretts an amazing athlete and big fun to watch. I am a Steelers fan - but like anyone I appreciate his talent.

But the fan love for brett in this state borders on clinical obsession.

My thread from months ago: It was about a 12yr old kid who wore the same Packers jersey every day for 4yrs or close to it, his mom made sure it was clean and darned. wonder if he'll get it out again?

I am ashamed of all involved in this fiasco, Brett included.:thumbsdn: And I'm a 'Boys fan, watch out for crazy NASCAR fans, by the way!!
 

Attachments

  • PIRNov07_4.jpg
    PIRNov07_4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 15

:lmao::lmao::lmao: How true, How true, he's lost all my respect, My pa and I got into it over this subject the other night, we respect each other and I gotta say, it was hard for me to hold my tongue with my father, Brett, you are a loser, you could have gone with your hard earned honor intact, someone's hittin' the rev limiter spinnin' :zoom::D

Craig
 
Here's the Minnesota version...


attachment.php
 
Last edited:
What's a cheesehead?

Is that what happens when you watch too much football?

Are you from here, this planet, this universe??/?? Or are you just a troll:scratch2:I'm really starting to think so... PM me with your issues or stay out of things you can't stand because you can't comprehendo'

the other stu

smilies are there for a reason, after 1,100+ posts this should not need to be pointed out :) :(
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom