• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I have a Sansui AU 717 integrated amp and will likely be running a BlueSound Node... DAC suggesions?

CPII 5719

New Member
I have a Sansui AU 717 integrated amp and will likely be running a ?? BlueSound Node Audio Streamer I am familiar with maybe DAC suggestions if you have any? And any particularly good Streamer/DAC combinations... Thanks kindly...
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a Sansui AU 717 integrated amp and will likely be running a ?? BlueSound Node Audio Streamer I am familiar with maybe DAC suggestions if you have any? And any particularly good Streamer/DAC combinations... Thanks kindly...

I have a fully rebuilt AU717 and use an Arcam irDAC II with it. Nice combination to my ears, but I don't think it is still available.

I also have a Node 2i in a different system, and have found its DAC to be quite decent. Reports are that the DAC in the current version of the Node is a bit more refined. I have also run the Node thru the Arcam and through an old Cambridge DAC Magic 100. The Arcam is notably more refined and detailed than the Node's DAC. The Cambridge is only a bit more detailed, and somewhat fuller sounding than the Node's DAC.

Based on your comment in another DAC thread, I got the impression that you don't think there is much difference between competent DACs? If so, and therefore setting aside the more subjective domain of sound quality, Topping seems to offer a number of reasonably priced DACs with good performance measurements. I have several acquaintances who are satisfied with them (I don't know the model numbers offhand, but they were at the low end of the price curve).
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom