• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I know I'm hooked

a2channelman

Active Member
Banned
Damn it I'm hooked on tuners ! ok I am trying to be somewhat reasonable but if I see a Tu-555 , Tu-666 , Tu-777 or Tu-5900 , hell although HUGE a Tu-9500 . I may have to buy it .
Of the above noted , I don't want all of them but maybe one er maybe two =0
So Please share your thoughts on these models .
 
Register to hide this ad
TU-717 or TU-919 would be my choice.

I have the TU-717 and it's quite a nice tuner. Audiophile no doubt. Sounds deep, real, and wonderful. I only know the TU-717 really.

I've always really liked the 'looks' of the Tu-555 , Tu-666 , and Tu-777 but never heard one that I can remember.

Bet the TU-9500 sounds marvelous when all spec'ed out and running correctly.

Good luck!
 
Last edited:
The roundies, TU 555, 666, and 777 have a lot of followers.
I have all three, use the 555 and 666 daily.
The TU 9900 is IMHO the best analog tuner ever, the little brothers 5900 and 7900 are great too, not as many features.
The TU 9500 is a 5 gang tuner built like a tank, but with great performance.
Can be tough to find, folks want to match the amp with it, few orphans survive.:music:
 
Back
Top Bottom