• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I know its a "scroe" but what are they worth really?

hwystar

Super Member
JBL L5s. Lots of info here googling AK etc. But no info on recent pricing really. What are they worth with a few cosmetic dings? Just picked them up for two Jacksons at a yard sale. I know they're worth more than that. What a deal,:yes: and they sound nice too.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03789.jpg
    DSC03789.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC03790.jpg
    DSC03790.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC03791.jpg
    DSC03791.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC03792.jpg
    DSC03792.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 14
Register to hide this ad
$200 is a fair offer for those JBLs imo. I'm completely ignorant of their actual value but based on the parts I'm seeing & the build quality it seems like you have a fair deal.

The tweeters alone could bring as high as $60 each.
 
Last edited:
I paid $200 for mine and felt their value, compared to what else is on the marketplace new, to be well beyond $1,000. That said, my L7s blow them away and now the L5s sit waiting for one of my daughters to have a big enough apartment to enjoy them. I'll never sell them but I'm happy to pass them along to family who will appreciate them as I have. They served to open my eyes to "modern" JBLs after 50-years of having an 030 system in the house. I owe them that every time I listen to my 4345s.:D
 
I missed a pair for $50.
I didn't know L5 is good model then. :(

Yeah, I passed on a pair of the bookshelf version... I think it was the L1? They were $12 at GW, and I didn't know if they were considered to be crap like some of the other modern JBL stuff. We all miss a good deal every now and then.
 
Back
Top Bottom