• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I must say I am quite amazed on how popular vinyl is these days

durask

Member
The market is big enough to support some very expensive and or esoteric stuff.

Super expensive console stereos.

https://wrensilva.com/

Crazy record player that is just a wheel

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/865809794/wheel-by-miniot

Crazy record player that rolls on top of the record.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pinkdonut/rokblok-a-new-spin-on-vinyl

The craziest thing - when you die, your ashes can be pressed into a vinyl record with music of your choice.

http://www.andvinyly.com/
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Deleted by me.

80458-Im-Out-George-Costanza-Seinfel-HAqL.gif
 
Last edited:
Hah....

That's what I call getting played....your ashes getting pressed into a bunch of melted pellets and the wife still playing you when she wants. Just imagine being stuck in a record if the rapture is actually true. The record would be flying to heaven.....zip !
 
I fully shifted from records to CDs in the 1992. I boxed up my records and turntable but never got rid of them. I resurrected them in 2011 and have been addicted to the sound and the entire vinyl process ever since.
 
I fully shifted from records to CDs in the 1992. I boxed up my records and turntable but never got rid of them. I resurrected them in 2011 and have been addicted to the sound and the entire vinyl process ever since.
I did the same early 90s but took all my albums to a local record store to sell. The owner only wanted a few and offered me $20. I told him I would only sell them all for $100 about 200 albums. He passed, so I took them home and put them in a closet. Started playing them again about 10 years ago. Glad they did not sell.

I'm sure our story is fairly typical.
 
I did the same early 90s but took all my albums to a local record store to sell. The owner only wanted a few and offered me $20. I told him I would only sell them all for $100 about 200 albums. He passed, so I took them home and put them in a closet. Started playing them again about 10 years ago. Glad they did not sell.

I'm sure our story is fairly typical.

Fairly typical, alright. :)

But perhaps not as typical as "got rid of 'em; wish I hadn't"... :(
 
Close call sqisavior.

I'd like to hear one of those consoles. Ascetically, they do look pretty nice.
 
If I could buy it on vinyl in the 90's, I would. But there were many 70's reissues that were only available on CD, for a long time.
Local record shops went from 6 or 7 down to 1 or 2 and then for a while, 0 at the beginning of the 2000's.
Dark days.
But the inter-web kept my spirits up and I found many records I never dreamed I would see, for sale.
So now it's going from "you still listen to records?" to "where do you get your records?"
Just keep smiling.
 
It seems everyone collects records now.

I see a lot of people ranging from their teens to their thirties going through records. While it's nice to see a new generation interested in the medium, it is making it harder to find anything good.
 
Back
Top Bottom