• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

I need a good tech in Oregon....

PureQuill

AK Member
Subscriber
Like a lot of folks the last 2 years have been tough at times.
So I need to sell off most of my gear to pay off some hefty medical bills and get down to just one system.

That means I have a bunch of gear that I would like to have gone thru by a competent tech.
That way I am confident what I offer for sale has at least been serviced and everything is working properly for the new owners when they take it home.
Not looking for restoration or recapping work ...I will leave that decision up to the new owners.

Going to start off with a couple of Marantz 2230's ,a 2220 and maybe take a look at a Mac 1900 that I purchased and UPS did a number on in shipping for me. May just be some plastic tabs that broke off and rolling around inside making noise.....May need extensive repairs.

I have used Doug at Audio Specialties with mixed results in the past ....
Some things he fixed fine..others had to be repaired by someone else.
My Pioneer Spec 2 needed a new relay that for some reason he just could not seem to fix.
Ditto on some Phase Linear gear that simply stumped him..

Inner Sound doesn't seem to get a lot of love from the few folks I know they did work for ...
When I asked on the Mac forum about finding a Mac tech to look at the damaged in shipping Mac 1900 Inner Sound got some pretty mixed reviews.

Freds Sound Of music seems to have good reviews over all online.
But I am not sure how much of the reviews were for new purchases or just simple things like new stylus on a old TT.
Is Freds Sound of music a good place to take vintage silver face Marantz and Pioneer Separates from the 70's..

If anyone knows a better option than the above places I would be very grateful.....
Other wise I guess I will just have to roll the dice and hope Doug does me right at audio specialties....Kind of getting the feeling he is the only game in town.

Cheers
PQ
 
Register to hide this ad
I would contact Kurt at Echo Audio in Portland He will know who is still in business around town. Sorry to hear of your health problems.

Mike
 
Back
Top Bottom