• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I need new speakers

stevet66

Member
Hey gang,
I currently have a pair of Paradigm Monitor 9 v.4 speakers from 2004. I blew out the tweeters, and the factory is not sure when and if they will get replacement tweeters for my model speakers. I Love the sound of the speakers and they were very efficient, and excellent detail and separation. However, I guess I am in the market for new speakers now, and was thinking about the newer Paradigm Prestige 95F speakers or a pair of KEF R900 speakers. Any one have any of these speakers and how do you like them? Any suggestions as one over the other? Any information would be awesome!! Thanks!!
 
Register to hide this ad
I'll have to take the tweeter assembly apart to get a part number and call back Paradigm factory to find out the company they got them from. If anything, I can use them for a back up pair, of hopefully get a few hundred for them.

However, any thoughts on the KEF R900's?
 
I think they'll probably help you out. If I'm not mistaken Paradigm uses/used Vifa. Sorry Stevet66, I have absolutely no experience with Kef.... Though I like the 105/4. Had an opportunity to pick up a pair about 5 years ago and missed it by bare minutes... :-(
Hi Mar Zutra,
Thanks for the info. I did end up buying the KEF R900 speakers, and just love them!!! Definitely worth every penny!!!
 
Hi Mar Zutra,
Thanks for the info. I did end up buying the KEF R900 speakers, and just love them!!! Definitely worth every penny!!!
So I'm considering the KEF R900s too. Is your opinion unchanged after all this time?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom