• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I never thought I'd live to see the day...

sleddogman

Super Member
If you have 13 minutes to spare -- take a brief look at the future...

Asimo Demo 2007 - TOKYO HQ, HDTV
12/13/2007 A few days ago we told you about that invitation Honda gave us to see their "brand new" Asimo robot that I would most likely call an alpha version. Why was the video so long to come? Because some guys don't know how to behave and I spent more time editing than I should have... anyway, here are 13 minutes of Asimo in glorious HD 720p!


http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-15251-See+more+of+the+Honda+Asimo+Robot+demo!.html


Not one, but two polite little robots greet pretty ladies, bow, guide them to a table, take their orders, serve drinks, and even give directions to the restroom.

Nice tribute that Honda named them in honor of Issac Asmov too.


If you liked it, there's also a direct download link beneath the screen to save a copy in .WMV format. (534,261 KB)

EDIT: Also check this out from Toyota. We need to chip in and get Deli one of those chairs...
 
Register to hide this ad
Quite impressive indeed....but a good idea????? You can call me paranoid if you want but I see more bad than good in the end, with these sorts of developments.
 
These are pretty cool, but for some reason I think I would have the urge to try to kick them and knock them down. I saw a vid of some robots like this doing a choreographed dance routine and it was pretty amazing.
 
The future

Quite impressive indeed....but a good idea????? You can call me paranoid if you want but I see more bad than good in the end, with these sorts of developments.

Very true. They are a lot more advanced, and more dangerous than their earlier prototypes, who created all sorts of world mischief when they got elected...
 
I'm thinking robotic limbs for the paralyzed and amputated...

Hostage negotiations.

Bomb removal.

Underwater exploration.

Rescue missions in collapsed mineshafts, earthquake-levelled buildings, burning buildings, avalanches, Mt. Everest.

Esbestos removal.

Lawn mowing and weed whacking.

Shovelling snow.

Running the wive's errands.

changing baby's diaper.

Better talent for television shows.
 
In the end, it's the hand of the carpenter, not the hammer...

true enough. I don't want robots painting me a picture, nor crafting me a violin, or pinstriping my car.

Useful "TOOLS" are what they are.

And tools are good.

But the nuances the personalities of humans, well, these aren't any British-accented, or cute little Star Wars droids you got here.

Not even Rosie, of the Jetsons.

Yet they do remain useful.
 
I'm thinking...changing baby's diaper.

Humanoid babies don't ****...Evolution is just warming up.

Leonard Cohen's "The Future"


Give me back my broken night
my mirrored room, my secret life
it's lonely here,
there's no one left to torture
Give me absolute control
over every living soul
And lie beside me, baby,
that's an order!
Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture
Give me back the Berlin wall
give me Stalin and St Paul
I've seen the future, brother:
it is murder.

Things are going to slide, slide in all directions
Won't be nothing
Nothing you can measure anymore
The blizzard, the blizzard of the world
has crossed the threshold
and it has overturned
the order of the soul
When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant
When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant
When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant

You don't know me from the wind
you never will, you never did
I'm the little jew
who wrote the Bible
I've seen the nations rise and fall
I've heard their stories, heard them all
but love's the only engine of survival
Your servant here, he has been told
to say it clear, to say it cold:
It's over, it ain't going
any further
And now the wheels of heaven stop
you feel the devil's riding crop
Get ready for the future:
it is murder

Things are going to slide ...

There'll be the breaking of the ancient
western code
Your private life will suddenly explode
There'll be phantoms
There'll be fires on the road
and the white man dancing
You'll see a woman
hanging upside down
her features covered by her fallen gown
and all the lousy little poets
coming round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson
and the white man dancin'

Give me back the Berlin wall
Give me Stalin and St Paul
Give me Christ
or give me Hiroshima
Destroy another fetus now
We don't like children anyhow
I've seen the future, baby:
it is murder
 
On the robot's iPod...

Mr. Roboto- Styx

Electric Boogie (Electric Slide song)- Marcia Griffiths

Weird Science - Oingo Boingo

Transformer- Lou Reed

Welcome to the Machine- Pink Floyd

Paranoid Android- Radiohead

OK Computer- Radiohead

Robot Parade- They Might Be Giants

The Becoming- Nine Inch Nails

Android Warehouse - Steely Dan

Iron Man - Black Sabbath

I, Robot-Alan Parsons Project

Robot Man- the Scorpions

Robot Man- connie Francis

I, Robot-Alan Parsons Project

"Metal" by Gary Numan

Rockit- Herbie Hancock.

Robot Man- the Scorpions

I Love You (Miss Robot)- the Buggles

We Are the Robots- Kraftwerk

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots- Flaming Lips

Helpless Automaton- Men at Work

I Want to Be a Machine- Ultravox

Robot - The Futureheads

After The Flesh - Machines of Loving Grace

Robot Rock- Daft Punk

Gold Star For Robot Boy- Guided by Voices

Tropical Robots- Guided by Voices

Robot Girl- Was (Not Was)

Attack el robot! Attack! - Calexico

Robots - TV on the Radio

I Want to Be a Machine- Ultravox

Mechanical Man - The Folk Implosion

Do the Robot- The Muffs

My parents think my robot's trouble- Barcelona.

Metal Fingers In My Body- Add (N) to X.

I'm on Standby- Grandaddy

Jed the Humanoid- Grandaddy

Make a Circuit With Me- The Polecats.

Robot Allegience- Servotron

the Robot Revolution- Servotron

I am not a Voice-activated Child Identicon- Servotron

Red Robot Theme Song- Kompressor

Robot Song- Kenickie

I am a Robot- The Phenomenauts

Ska Robot Army - The Aquabats

Robot chant- Mogwai

Funky Robot (Part 1) - Rufus Thomas

Do It like a Robot- Princess Superstar

Machines- Lothar and the Hand People.

I, Robot- Screeching Weasel

The Robots (Cha-Cha-Cha)- Senor coconut

I'm Seein' Robots- Kool Keith.

Model Android- Kool Kieth/ the Ultramagnet MCs

Anorexic Robot- the Fat Truckers.

my friend robot- Regurgitator

Joe Robot- The Network

Scent of a Robot- Pete Miser

14 zero zero- Console

My Robot- Looper

"Roboter in der Nacht"- Abwärts

The Terrible Secret of Space- The Laziest Men on Mars.

Robot Ponies- Laura Barrett

The Ballad Of Optimus Prime- Luke Ski

Robot Soul- Flotation Walls

Robot Song- Interrobang Cartel

Robotboy- Robyn

Dirty Robot - Arling & Cameron

The Incredible Singing Robot- Star Salzman

Dawning of the Robot Age- Wolfbait

I want to love you like a Robot- Captain Ahab

Robot- Tatu

Red Robot- Songfight

The Mechanical Man - Bent Bolt and the Nuts

Macho Robot- the Android Sisters

Little Computer People - The Little Computer People Project

Real Robots Don't Die - Mr. Velcro Fastener

Robots 4 Life - Mr. Velcro Fastener

The Humans Are Dead - Flight of the Conchords

Robotronic- Turing Machine

robots dream of love- Model
 
Back
Top Bottom