• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ID the Magnavaox amp?

janikphoto

Lunatic Member
I know the Magnavox amps inside these old consoles have different ID numbers stamped on them, but this pic is only big enough that I can see where it's stamped - but, not the actual number on it. Anyone know which plate amp that is inside the console? It looks like a mono amp (post field coil and pre stereo). I'm trying to figure out the wattage and how likely it would be to find a second.

00808_kNCx9OQKN73_600x450.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Looks to me like an AMP 142

Parallel push pull 6V6s and a pair of 5Y3s

A fine example of great mono being better than mediocre stereo.
 
Back
Top Bottom