• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Identification vintage Peerless alnico speaker

peters8

Active Member
Hi guys!
I'm searching for some information about a vintage Peerless alnico speaker, but I can't find anything all over the web about this model.
This speaker comes from a pair of italian two way loudspeakers: the tweeter fitted with this speaker is the famous Peerless MT-25 (or the MT-225) with alnico magnet.
No cross-over inside, just a capacitor connected to the tweeter.
The only reference I've found is code writed on the edge of the speaker (on the backside).
The code is: B 12-3
I suspect this speaker is more a "mid-woofer" than a real woofer.
Here're some picture, please could you help me to identify this speaker, please?
Thank you very much.
Regards!
 

Attachments

  • Peerless B 12-3 alnico magnet-speaker.jpg
    Peerless B 12-3 alnico magnet-speaker.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Peerless B 12-3 alnico speaker-code.jpg
    Peerless B 12-3 alnico speaker-code.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Peerless B 12-3 alnico speaker.jpg
    Peerless B 12-3 alnico speaker.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 56
Register to hide this ad
This is going way back......

What is the nominal cone diameter?

The only Peerless catalogue I have been able to find anywhere is from 1967 (I think). It may not be all that helpful in identifying your driver beyond a reasonable guess based on the dimensions of your driver.
 

Attachments

Back
Top Bottom