• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Identify horn tweeter?

Nat

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Years ago I picked up the drivers from a pair of home brew Bose 901 inspired speakers - a pile (18?) of CTS 5 inch paper midwoofers and horn tweeters. Never been able to identify the tweeters - they appear to be the same tweeter used in the Eastman Martin Gamma 31 and other speakers, and the driver part looks very Foster/Fostex. The only ID on them is the number 596, which, as far as I can tell, is not a manufacturer code.
Construction is black plastic, but the diaphram appears to me metal.
They have, rather professionally installed, what I assume is an inductor in paralle with the inputs.
Any idea?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 18
Register to hide this ad
I'm not convinced it's Foster/Fostex, they usually have a bit rounder rear cover, and usually have some conspicuous identifier.

This one on ebay looks like the same tweeter less the grill, i don;t think it's a Foster/Fostex either: 293510210731
 
The one on ebay does look very similar, and even the number printed on the back of the front plate looks similar. So what is it?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom