• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

If I were the God of Music

john5220

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
1. No band would be able to use a band's name if the original singer wasn't in the band!
2. No band would be able to use a band's name if less than 75% of the original members weren't in the band!

It's getting to the point where you have to research a classic rock band to see if ANY members are still in it!
 
Register to hide this ad
1. No band would be able to use a band's name if the original singer wasn't in the band!
2. No band would be able to use a band's name if less than 75% of the original members weren't in the band!
What if the person who actually wrote the songs is still in the band? Often that is not the vocalist.
 
No Rush albums then. Original singer Jeff Jones quit before the first album was released and only 66% of the original band played on the first album, 33% on the second.
One Dream Theater album since the original singer was replaced for the second album.

Extreme examples I know and both bands settled down after their original wobbly starts.
 
If I were the God of Music, I wouldn't be listening to ancient live musicians, I'd be up in the clouds hearing Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, Cornell, Cobain, Gallagher, Staley, Howlin' Wolf..........
 
I always leave crumbs for the internet grammar and spelling police :thumbsup:, correcting people is one of there favorite hobbies

C'mon, Chief, he got ya with a good one, brother.

If I were the god of music, there would be zero autotune. Either you sing, or you do not.
If I were the god of music, any future hip-hop artists with "Lil'" in their moniker would be attacked by the fleas of a thousand camels. Hip hop has become far more cliche' as hair metal in the '80's, yet NOBODY is calling it out for the transgression.

But I digress.
 
attacked by the fleas of a thousand camels
I like your style. I guess you would be a Greek god. They always had clever punishments for those who transgressed.

Example: I would ban singing in falsetto. Those who did could only be heard by dogs until the end of recorded time.
 
I like your style. I guess you would be a Greek god. They always had clever punishments for those who transgressed.

Example: I would ban singing in falsetto. Those who did could only be heard by dogs until the end of recorded time.

Right on! Those Greeks were indeed a clever bunch.

If G.O.M., each and every time some preening flavor du jour utilizing an expensive guitar as a "prop", that someone would eternally be heckled by that guy who would shout "PLAY FREEBIRD!!!!" between every song.
 
Back
Top Bottom