• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

If money was no option between these two turntables.. what would you pick?

Register to hide this ad
I hate to answer questions with questions, but where are you located and why only those two tables?
The Marantz needs repair. Are you able to do that yourself?

Al. Wise
 
I really love the look of these two turntables. I have a Marantz 2275 receiver and JBL-L100s. I do not own a turntable. Which one do you think is the better pick?

Pioneer PL-530

or

Marantz 6300

Kind of a tossup but I think I'd go with the Pioneer.

One thing that bothers me about the Marantz is that the shipper may think all he needs to do is "tie the arm down" to prepare the table for shipment. I may be reading things into what he wrote but it does make me nervous.

[EDIT] I missed the part about the auto return not working. Bad. Also, this thing apparently just came back from being "serviced by a professional technician" who, apparently, failed to repair the auto return. Fuggedabadit!

So, my original opinion stands but is even stronger. Of the two, and even considering price, the Pioneer is the better choice.
 
Last edited:
Kind of a tossup but I think I'd go with the Pioneer.

One thing that bothers me about the Marantz is that the shipper may think all he needs to do is "tie the arm down" to prepare the table for shipment. I may be reading things into what he wrote but it does make me nervous.

I agree with this 100%.

The Pioneer looks to be in better shape, does not need any repairs and the seller sounds more professional.

For the money, you are only $100 or so away from Technics 1200 territory. Have you considered going that route?
 
Thank you. I am located in Los Angeles.. so that Pioneer looks pretty good. I've read a lot on these forums. I personally love the look of the Marantz 6300. It would match my living room perfectly! I haven't considered the Technics 1200. But will look into it. Would definitely sound bettter and have less problems. I just prefer the vintage look!
 
If $ is not an issue, send dtafil a PM and see where he his with restoring a 6300. Not only will you be receiving a tip top table from an AKer, but he knows how package for shipping so you can buy with confidence.

I ended up going with a 6100 because $ was a consideration, but the 6300 is the most beautiful table available in my opinion.

Good luck and welcome!
Dave
 
Of course if money was no object I'd buy a new better table for perhaps a grand. I think a new Sota could be had - definetly a rega.
 
The Marantz Seller appears to lack knowledge.

The 6300 does not have auto return. What Stanton stylus is he referring to? Most likely Stanton cartridge with after market stylus.
 
I really love the look of these two turntables. I have a Marantz 2275 receiver and JBL-L100s. I do not own a turntable. Which one do you think is the better pick?

Pioneer PL-530

or

Marantz 6300

That Pioneer was sold twice before and the deal was evidently not completed. On Sept 28 for $499 and then again on Oct 7 for $499. That's a bit of a red flag. You might want to ask the seller why he's selling it for the third time in two months. Is he refusing to complete the deal or problems with the buyers.

I wouldn't pay more then $400 for it regardless.

Jon
 
Back
Top Bottom