• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

If you had to get rid of it all, except 6 pieces of gear- what would they be?

I'd keep the C-100 preamp, MC 2205 and MC 2125 amps, Mitsubishi LT 30 TT, Valencia speakers and MCD 205 CD player.
 
I'd keep the C-100 preamp, MC 2205 and MC 2125 amps, Mitsubishi LT 30 TT, Valencia speakers and MCD 205 CD player.
Just out of interest and admiration of the satisfaction you have with your chosen equipment: Have you changed components much since joining in 2003?
 
I'd keep:
-Current speakers
-Current Lazarus tube preamp
-Current modified Dyna/VTA monoblock tube amps
-Current Linn LK-140 solid state (for the woofers)
-DSP/crossover
and...oh crap! I need at least 8 to get my DAC, turntable and phono stage in there! :oops:
 
Just out of interest and admiration of the satisfaction you have with your chosen equipment: Have you changed components much since joining in 2003?
Steve, I had a MC 2505 amp and C 26 preamp and Valencia speakers I bought in 1971. With various Dual changers and various tape machines over the years until around 2008 when I upgraded after the kids left home. :)
 
A system that had that certain “magic “ unfortunately the preamp got destroyed by a surge & power strip fire…only six…Pro-Ject 1.2 turntable…Linn Wakonda preamp…Linn LK 140 amp…Marantz CC 4000 OSE CD Player… Adcom GDA 700 DAC…Dynaco A 25 Speakers…
 
OP, why 6?


Sorry- I just can't. I'd be forever left wanting if I eliminated any of them.


1. speakers
2. sub
3. preamp
4. Crown Sub amp
5. Crown amp
6. Crown amp
7. tt
8. cd
9. pc interface for the DSP, sub crossover, and Streaming
10. dsp
 
Can't be done for separate owners. I mean an Integrated Amp should be 3, Preamp, Power Amp, and Phono pre. That's what it cost me.

Sorry for the interruption.
 
ANOTHER Dead Thread! I'll play along this time.
Me, too. Everything I had in 2017 was gone by 2021 (given away to facilitate an economy move to another state), and all I used for a few years was a Bose Wave music system, an AT-LP60X turntable, and my laptop computer's audio sent to the Bose via its wireless SoundLink attachments.

At present, the six item limit means I can keep everything: Fluance RT80, Rotel CD11 Tribute, HP laptop computer, Rotel A11 Tribute (integrated amp), Cambridge Audio SX-50 speakers, and Koss QZ99 headphones.
 
Can't be done for separate owners.
Using separates makes it tough. The last time I had such a system, it was a WTRP, Grado phono stage, Grado headphone amp, an AVA preamp without either compatible phono stage or headphone amplifier, a Linn power amp, Vandersteen speakers, and Pro4AA headphones. That makes 7 components in a system with only one source. Then again, the OP seemed to have a pretty basic system in mind, "I want you to have at least three sources, a pre/power and a pair of speakers." If I had gotten rid of the headphones and headphone amp, and chosen a cartridge compatible with the phono stage in my preamp, then I could have added two sources to make three and still met the six-item limit.
I mean an Integrated Amp should be 3, Preamp, Power Amp, and Phono pre. That's what it cost me.
My integrated is just a budget-priced Rotel A11 Tribute, but by your thinking it might count as 4 since it has a phono stage, preamp, power amp, and Bluetooth receiver, that last being a pretty significant component for a lot of what I listen to these days.
 
My integrated is just a budget-priced Rotel A11 Tribute, but by your thinking it might count as 4 since it has a phono stage, preamp, power amp, and Bluetooth receiver, that last being a pretty significant component for a lot of what I listen to these days.
Even a vintage receiver would be 4 with a tuner.
 
I guess it would be time to say bye bye to my collection and just hang onto my ,end game,I'm not going any further down the rabbit hole system.
McIntosh MC 2250 power amp
McIntosh C 32 pre amp
McIntosh MR 78 tuner
JBL L 150 A speakers
Micro Seiki DD 40 turntable
Denon DVD 2900 audio/video disc player

20240106_114404~3.jpg

20240713_204742~2.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom