• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I'll NEVER Pass Up A Pair Of Old JBL's

I bought my L100's with several brown stains. I bought two plastic squeeze bottles of acrylic paint; brown and white from JoAnn's. The cones are normally slightly off white. I had to experiment by mixing a minute amount of brown into the white. When I got the right shade I watered it down and very lightly applied it by sweeping the brush across the cone. It took three or four light applications.The cones came out perfect. You cannot tell they had any imperfections. Remember, water it down and apply several light coats.

Pics of before and after would be amazing
 
Jeez Jay,
I saw those also but after carrying the Mac tube gear down from the attic I was too tired to carry those out.

Bob
Oh that was you? I thought I saw what looked like the outline of some type of gear in the dust on that shelf up there. Too bad you didn't notice the sack of gold coins on the shelf below.
 
Oh that was you? I thought I saw what looked like the outline of some type of gear in the dust on that shelf up there. Too bad you didn't notice the sack of gold coins on the shelf below.

How do you think I paid for those Macs!
Lol


Bob
 
Maybe I have a solution for your voicecoil problem, if its not fried that is. Take off the dustcap and extend the cone outwards and you might be able to see the blisteron the inside of the voice coil. I had this problem once and it seems the mylar blisters if overheated. You might be able to push the blister in or heat it slightly and press it in. It worked for me.
 
Maybe I have a solution for your voicecoil problem, if its not fried that is. Take off the dustcap and extend the cone outwards and you might be able to see the blisteron the inside of the voice coil. I had this problem once and it seems the mylar blisters if overheated. You might be able to push the blister in or heat it slightly and press it in. It worked for me.
Thanks for the idea, but there's other issues with it. An ohm meter shows that it is not fried, but if you look closely at the pic near the start of this thread you can see where the coil has unwound and the mylar is chewed up. So if I do get those blisters smoothed out I've still got something else to contend with. I think an overhaul is in order.
 
Back
Top Bottom