Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
Just kidding! Well, kinda . Are you going to be around all weekend? I'll prolly be out most of Saturday (possible trip to Columbus) but you are of course welcome Friday evening or Sunday anytime, just drop me a line.
Im going on a grandma visit for her birthday and to help her set up her new TV and sound system that she has no idea to do with. All I know is she bought a complete Yamaha system from H.H. Gregg and she says
"There are 2 remotes and a whole bunch of wires"
I'll have fun, she stocks me with beer when Im there.
Knowing Ron, I would guess we'll have a couple brews and listen to a couple different sets of speaks out of his speaker library of 5,000 on amps from .0000000000001 wpc all the way up his really big amps, maybe a watt or two.
but don't let it fool you - his itty-bitty amps on his high-e speakers (last time, old 50s' Zenith cabs w/ jbl components iirc) have driven subs into thermal shutdown .
Me, my Friday evening is typically a jam session. Sundays are puttering around the house/yard. You're welcome anytime.
Ageed, Grandmas rock! Have a good time and stop by if you can. Good luck with the wires!
Damn! That sounds like fun. I have to see about it because Im going with my dad. I only have a motorcycle and I really don't have the skill I need to go 220 miles one way. It's my first bike and I went overboard, so for being out of my league I have to be careful.
But right now Im working on maybe my friend and I making a road trip out of it. If I do, we're on!
It really is a good thing I live so damn far from you Ron, I can just see myself spending waaaay too much time at your place and buying a van so I can carry stuff back and forth.
By the way Bill, you have much nicer stuff than mine. I have all the old orphan cabinets missing drivers that e-bay'rs have gutted and slutted out!
I try and rescue them in case someone wants to try out a starter project or experiment.
We will see how things are when Bill Epstein finishes up my 704-8A cabinets. For those who don't know, they are modern clones of Altec 604-8K coax drivers which are going into a 10 cubic ft cabinet!
Ron
Billfort said:
It really is a good thing I live so damn far from you Ron, I can just see myself spending waaaay too much time at your place and buying a van so I can carry stuff back and forth.
Ok guys my plans just changed. Im going to be going that way not this weekend but the next. My buddy can't go this weekend and neither can my dad, but we, my friend and I, can get off work next weekend. So I don't know if you guys do stuff every weekend but if you do, count me in.
I can bring some of Yamaha gear as well, and tools. I have allot of tools. :yes: