• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I'm headed to Minneapolis this week. Is the Electric Fetus the record store to hit?

Onebean

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a quick work trip to Minneapolis planned, and I hope to have time to hit one record store. Is Electric Fetus the one not to miss? It looks huge for sure. Any recommendations on the Electric Fetus, or other shops are appreciated. My main interest is rock and blues, with a little jazz hunting too.

Also, are there are any hifi shops you recommend checking out time permitting? I'm not buying, I just like listening to some different systems in shops where they don't get annoyed demoing stuff for you.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a quick work trip to Minneapolis planned, and I hope to have time to hit one record store. Is Electric Fetus the one not to miss? It looks huge for sure. Any recommendations on the Electric Fetus, or other shops are appreciated. My main interest is rock and blues, with a little jazz hunting too.

Also, are there are any hifi shops you recommend checking out time permitting? I'm not buying, I just like listening to some different systems in shops where they don't get annoyed demoing stuff for you.

If blues and jazz are what you're looking for you'll want to visit Cheapo records at the 2600 Nicollet Ave instead.
 
Electric Fetus is still a great shop, you should definitely go. Cheapo on Nicollet is also good, and you can go get a donut at Glam Doll across the street when you're done.
 
I don't know anything about Electric Fetus, but it reminds me of a psych band that I've been wanting to form called Emergency Womb...
 
Electric Fetus, Cheapo, Agarta, Barely Brothers, Roadrunner Records for new vinyl.

For used- Dead Media, Hymie's, Cheapo...

Plenty of record shops to choose from.
 
Last time I was in MPLS I stopped in Ceapo... I recommend it.
I’ll defiantly check out Electric Fetus next trip...

There is a shot from Cheapo:

Monty


IMG_4162.jpeg
 
Stereoland is a nice shop, as is Audio Perfection (very high end). Also the home of Audio Research, Magnepan and Audio by Van Alstine.
 
Back
Top Bottom