• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I'm really liking Ringo's new album, What's My Name?

Register to hide this ad
It's very upbeat, and you can dance to it!

The tracks include songs named Life Is Good, Thank God For Music, and Send Love Spread Peace, so it has some of that old optimism that is in such short supply now.

Aging, cranky boomers (such as myself) should check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLztuFe7Ie-vUMBCKeRqgR16jCNN0B0r-d

:)

Hey, listening to "Grow Old With Me". Didn't realize that it was John Lennon tune. It's nice...

Here's Lennon doing it...

 
Hey not too bad for a guy who hung around with musicians!:D

For most of the songs, he doesn't hide behind a wall of sound. The arrangements are simple and out front, with just a few harmony background vocals.

A top vocalist he is not, but compared to some of the past efforts by other rock entertainers, he holds his own.

For the most part, he was the background guy in the past with the Fab Four. Nice to see him up front for a change.

Q
 
Last edited:
It always seems that if anyone puts up a post about The Beatles there are inevitably the detractors. I know the above post is playful, but some are not, including one at the beginning of this thread. I'm pretty well-acquainted with drums. Ringo may not have been Philly Joe Jones or Sid Catlett, but he was a good drummer who played with feeling and more than filled the bill for the music he had to play. He played the time, kept his meter, didn't drag, and propelled the band. This isn't always the case with rock drummers.

Plays some tasty breaks on this Beatles classic...

 
Last edited:
It always seems that if anyone puts up a post about The Beatles there are inevitably the detractors. I know the above post is playful, but some are not, including one at the beginning of this thread. I'm pretty well-acquainted with drums. Ringo may not have been Philly Joe Jones or Sid Catlett, but he was a good drummer who played with feeling and more than filled the bill for the music he had to play. He played the time, kept his meter, didn't drag, and propelled the band. This isn't always the case with rock drummers.

Plays some tasty breaks on this Beatles classic...



:thumbsup:


Q
 
Hey, listening to "Grow Old With Me". Didn't realize that it was John Lennon tune. It's nice...

Here's Lennon doing it...

Thanks.

My wife told me years ago that was a favorite song of hers. I had no idea John Lennon wrote it, either. When I heard so, and that it was on Ringo's new album, I had to get it. My wife thinks Ringo did a good job with it.
 
Thanks.

My wife told me years ago that was a favorite song of hers. I had no idea John Lennon wrote it, either. When I heard so, and that it was on Ringo's new album, I had to get it. My wife thinks Ringo did a good job with it.

Well, I should be thanking you, because I was vaguely aware of Ringo releasing a new album, but it was only because you posted this that I looked into it. Just happened to find the Lennon clip on YouTube! Ringo does do a good job!
 
It always seems that if anyone puts up a post about The Beatles there are inevitably the detractors. I know the above post is playful, but some are not, including one at the beginning of this thread. I'm pretty well-acquainted with drums. Ringo may not have been Philly Joe Jones or Sid Catlett, but he was a good drummer who played with feeling and more than filled the bill for the music he had to play. He played the time, kept his meter, didn't drag, and propelled the band. This isn't always the case with rock drummers.

Plays some tasty breaks on this Beatles classic...

I really like Ringo's 1973 S/T album. And all 4 Beatles contributed to it.
 
Yes, and You're Sixteen and Devil Woman

Wow, I remember when that LP came out. I had it, but unfortunately gave it away. Ringo was really up there in the top 40 for awhile. I remember that autumn painting the outside trim of the windows of our house, and playing the radio through my stereo out the window, and "Photograph" was big at that time. I love his version of "You're Sixteen". I don't remember all the songs, but "I'm The Greatest" was great. That was John's contribution to the LP.
 
Alright, another snarky put down!! Let's count 'em. That's two! Maybe we can reach 2020 before 2020!!
 
Back
Top Bottom