• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Impluse Strikes Again!!

211r

New Member
For no logical reason whatsoever I picked up a Marantz 4000 pre-amp. It is sitting here on my floor staring back at me probably wondering what the hell I am going to with it.

For fun I pulled my 4430 out of the closet along with my 6150TT. The 4000 would just be redundant to the 4430 and it is not clear how I would even connect this thing to check working status with my TT.

These are x-rare and so is the documentation and specs (i.e. can't find sh*t.)

I assume these are best suited in a component set-up i.e. Tuner, amp, pre-amp etc.

I guess I need some advice on connecting this to the 4430 to check the unit and also what creative things can be done with this. It's neat to say the least.

THX
 
Register to hide this ad
Admit it, you bought it for the meters. :D there are plenty-0- jacks on the back. Think of all the stuff you could plug into it!!! A thing like that could cause more impulse buys in the future. I too am glad you bought it before I did. :thmbsp: you can find some specs on classic audio.com, marantz section.
 
Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure. Below the 4000 is a 1978 JVC Super ANRS deck that cost $700 new. It is a fantastic deck. Super ANRS to Dolby is Beta to VHS IMO. Below that is a marantz EQ 130 (another impulse buy).

Pic1_zpsa5880bb3.jpg


Pic2_zps809e50a6.jpg
 
I can't believe we have to live through those pics with the Marantz not even lit up in its classic blue hue.
 
3 of the 4 lights are burnt out...nothing to see...It is going to Hawthorne to get a thorough service here soon.
 
Back
Top Bottom