• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

In DC: Goodman’s Axiom 350 Speakers

aabottom

Swing
These look interesting, but they're too rice for my blood. I hope a local AKer picks them up. No affiliation.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ele/2835714127.html
===================================

GOODMAN'S AXIOM 350 DUAL CONCENTRIC 12 INCH STEREO SPEAKERS - $1800 (Bethesda, MD)

Up for Sale - A vintage pair of rare, classic Goodman's Axiom 350 Dual Concentric 12 inch Stereo Speakers. If you have not heard a pair of Dual Concentric speakers whether it be Goodman's, Tannoy or several others.......you should. This pair is the British made Goodmans Axiom 350's that I pulled from their cabinets just to photograph.

They are 12 inchers, made in the late fifties/early sixties and are completely original. With it's white cones and orange dust caps, this particular model 350, is very rare. Open, airy, with a huge sound stage. I know that is the usual description you hear from lots of people but this speaker has all of that and some other fine characteristics I cannot describe.

Sounds great on my vacuum tube gear. This pair is in cabinets that came out of Baltimore with the label "high fidelity house" on them. Be assured that this pair of Goodman's and many other Goodman's models.........Axiom 80, 201, 300, 301, keep right up with Tannoy speakers, and then some. No disappointments, these are the real deal.

To audition this speaker system call or text Barry @ 301-332-7245 Cash Only - Face to face transactions. If anyone out there knows anything about High Fidelity House in Baltimore around the same time frame as these speakers, please get in touch. Goodman's made speakers for Realistic, Lafayette and other private labels too.


•Location: Bethesda, MD
•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2835714127
 

Attachments

  • 5I35T55Hc3K53Ff3Mbc25d51385f577ed1164.jpg
    5I35T55Hc3K53Ff3Mbc25d51385f577ed1164.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 5La5Gf5K93G63Kd3Fcc258a66abc7d3db1d46.jpg
    5La5Gf5K93G63Kd3Fcc258a66abc7d3db1d46.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 91
  • 5Le5Nc5Mf3Fb3M53N7c25d1d71efc2b49167f.jpg
    5Le5Nc5Mf3Fb3M53N7c25d1d71efc2b49167f.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 5N55L55Q53G63L63l7c251087ea5e0b9c1bc4.jpg
    5N55L55Q53G63L63l7c251087ea5e0b9c1bc4.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 71
Register to hide this ad
Goodman's Axiom 350 Speakers

Yes, I ended up buying these. I am very familiar with this particular pair since I was the owner of this same pair once before. I could not let them leave the area and can say that they may be one of the most enjoyable pair of speakers I have owned. In many ways they actually sound better than the RCA LC9A's I just sold and they certainly take up a lot less room.

The Axiom 350's are very easy to drive and are (in my opinion) under rated when compared to Tannoy's in price.

Just thought I would bring everyone up to date.

Joe
 
Yes, I ended up buying these. I am very familiar with this particular pair since I was the owner of this same pair once before. I could not let them leave the area and can say that they may be one of the most enjoyable pair of speakers I have owned. In many ways they actually sound better than the RCA LC9A's I just sold and they certainly take up a lot less room.

The Axiom 350's are very easy to drive and are (in my opinion) under rated when compared to Tannoy's in price.

Just thought I would bring everyone up to date.

Joe
Hey that's great joe11611. If you're willin', I'd like drop by for a listen.
 
Sorry about the delayed response - Yse, please do stop by and listen to them. I am currently driving them with a 45 tube based single ended amplifier and they sound quite good. I will probably put my Luxman 3045 on to see how they sounds with a little more power (2 vs 45 watts).
Contact me at joe11611@aol.com if you want to set something up - Joe
 
plans for boxes?

Hi, folks.
Reviving an old thread due to rarity.
Does anyone have enclosure plans or even a somewhat scaled photo of what the cabinets for Axiom 350's look like? The craigslist ad above is no longer available.
I have a pair of Goodmans Axiom 350's, one tear in the cone repaired and they still measure very similarly after all these years but I've got them in a set of cabinets for Allied 830BHC, which works but man they're large.
Thanks for your time.
 
I worked there and might have assemled these.

I worked there and have more info on them.. Send me your email address and I've done a write-up on them for you.

Bruce Lippy


These look interesting, but they're too rice for my blood. I hope a local AKer picks them up. No affiliation.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ele/2835714127.html
===================================

GOODMAN'S AXIOM 350 DUAL CONCENTRIC 12 INCH STEREO SPEAKERS - $1800 (Bethesda, MD)

Up for Sale - A vintage pair of rare, classic Goodman's Axiom 350 Dual Concentric 12 inch Stereo Speakers. If you have not heard a pair of Dual Concentric speakers whether it be Goodman's, Tannoy or several others.......you should. This pair is the British made Goodmans Axiom 350's that I pulled from their cabinets just to photograph.

They are 12 inchers, made in the late fifties/early sixties and are completely original. With it's white cones and orange dust caps, this particular model 350, is very rare. Open, airy, with a huge sound stage. I know that is the usual description you hear from lots of people but this speaker has all of that and some other fine characteristics I cannot describe.

Sounds great on my vacuum tube gear. This pair is in cabinets that came out of Baltimore with the label "high fidelity house" on them. Be assured that this pair of Goodman's and many other Goodman's models.........Axiom 80, 201, 300, 301, keep right up with Tannoy speakers, and then some. No disappointments, these are the real deal.

To audition this speaker system call or text Barry @ 301-332-7245 Cash Only - Face to face transactions. If anyone out there knows anything about High Fidelity House in Baltimore around the same time frame as these speakers, please get in touch. Goodman's made speakers for Realistic, Lafayette and other private labels too.


•Location: Bethesda, MD
•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2835714127
 
I can give you some details. I used to work at HFH in Balto. and assembled many of the AXIOM 350 cabinets. I use 450s.

Bruce Lippy
 
Dear Bruce:

Like to have this cabinet plans you mentioned very much. You can send it to my email address at Nathan.kai.ma@gmail.com . Meanwhile, I would like to have Axiom 450's plan, if you have, too. BTW, what are the differences between these two models as both 12" coaxial ones? Thanks a lot!

Kai
 
Dear Bruce:

Like to have this cabinet plans you mentioned very much. You can send it to my email address at Nathan.kai.ma@gmail.com . Meanwhile, I would like to have Axiom 450's plan, if you have, too. BTW, what are the differences between these two models as both 12" coaxial ones? Thanks a lot!

Hi Kai
I'm not sure if your speakers will work in this type of cabinet but a friend just give these to me and l inserted some Goodman triaxioms into them and they sound absolutely beautiful.
The soundstage and clarity is to die for
I took them out of a spec ( or close to it) built cabinets with the aru which sounded lifeless or boxy.
My friend had 15 inch jbl in them
Kai
image.jpeg
 
Many thanks for your prompt reply and helpful sharing. I saw such cabinet before, and you have a very nice Triaxiom 1220c here. How about the model 450 you mentioned?
 
Back
Top Bottom