• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Indie record labels and new music

PastorTube

Well-Known Member
Recently I have had good luck with indie record labels that sell and promote groups you might not hear on the radio. Two websites/companies are Merge records and Cascine.us Two groups I found are Amor de Dias and YumI Zouma.

How do you find new music? What sites have provided good music and service and quality products. They need to sell lps along with digital copies. So much good music out there that is not being heard.
 
Register to hide this ad
Local college radio - or visit

https://spinitron.com/

To see what other stations are playing - and stream them. Before photobucket blew up I was charting the labels whose bands were getting posted on the Indie Playlist thread - you can see MERGE ... (IIRC some sell vinyl from their sites, Burger might even sell cassettes).

indie_labels.jpg
 
^ WOW I'm only familur with about 5 or 6 of those labels.I hear a lot of new music on various XM stations.
 
Merge is a wonderful label I plundered back in the late 80s.
Back then it was ran by the good people in Superchunk (or Chunk as the case may be) and showcased may indie college bands around the Durham Raleigh Chapel Hill triangle.
Primarily known as a 7" label, looking at their roster now, they knew how to pick talent.

Thinking back to that era, other labels of note-
VHF, Drag City, Kranky, PSF, Thrill Jockey and Factory.

Another independent label I look for is the great reissue label, Superior Viaduct.
 
Back
Top Bottom