• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity Column II speakers

Register to hide this ad
What makes you think the woofers aren't original Jenkster?
I have a set of those that I bought new.
Those look pretty nice to me.

edit - on looking more closely at the ad, they do appear to have been reconed.
 
Last edited:
FWIW, when mine needed to be re-foamed I asked about re-coning them as that's what I thought they'd need. I was advised to save the original cones if possible as they are a paper type of cone. I was able to do that and they sound just like new. If you've never heard them from new I'd think you'd be hard pressed to tell they don't sound like it now with those cones in them.
As my son said when he heard them after the re-edging, they don't make 'em like that any more.
 
From the pictures I have seen, the connection wires extend to the front of the cones on the originals. It does not look like that's the case on woofers in the ad.

That leads me to believe that:
A. They have been reckoned as you pointed out or,
2. They have been replaced
 
Here's a picture of mine.
You are correct about the wires on the cones.
Everything you see is original except the foam edge here:

IMG_1476 (Large).JPG
 
I wouldn't go so far as to say they're ruined. They won't sound like originals in all likelihood but they still will sound pretty good I bet.
 
You are probably right but for $350 with replacement woofers, I will pass. I also figured out I am familiar with the seller. Another reason I will pass.
 
I have a pair of these waiting for repair. I think it must have been a cat that ripped the two down firing woofer cones to shreds. Not sure what to replace them with.

The woofers on the Craigslist ad don't look original to me either.
 
Back
Top Bottom