• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity Crescendo 3009

seifreit

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Interested in fair market value as I picked them up a while ago. I don't think i overpaid but can't seem to find out much about what they go for lately. Are they that rare or do people hang on to them and rarely sell them? The mid bass and mid drivers were recently re-foamed and the cabinets are 8 /10.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I picked up a pair cheap a couple of years back at the GW auction site. Forget the model number, possibly 3009. 8.00 woofer. 4.5-ish mid. EMIT tweeter. My daughter has them now. The thing that I liked about these Infinitys is that the veneer is actual wood. All the other Infinity with EMIT from that era use vinyl. I hate vinyl. These cabinets cleaned up beautifully, with some mixed stain colors and a ton of polishing. I may be wrong, but I think the Crecendo line was marketed exclusively through a Big Box store, like Circuit City or something. The only difference being that veneer. So, there are probably not as many units out there in the wild now.

As far as value, these are EMITs so they will "outshine" most of the competition at their price point. They do have a bright, light sound with great detail. Furthermore, the veneer adds a unique quality. Speakers with this sound quality have to be worth $200-$300. Not that I would spend that much, but I am not in the market for speakers. These have added value, IMO, based on the qualities mentioned prior. Fully restored they are stunning lookers. A good value at $300 I would think. Don't get hung up on price. If you want EMITs and you want a speaker that is not wrapped in vinyl, you made a wise choice.

Going rate at the Goodwill auction was around $50 for mine. Local pickup. Their larger brothers, with dual woofers, sold a couple of weeks later. for around $110. So stupid I did not best that price. They were local in Charlotte as well. How two pair ended up in Charlotte is a mystery.

I think there is thread on here somewhere that I started. I will look for it.
 
8.00 woofer. 4.5-ish mid. EMIT tweeter

That would be the 3006, bottom of the Crescendo series. I can find info and some idea of value on those pretty easily. A pair in good working and cosmetic condition are in the $200 range, at least around my area. The 3009 is the top model in the range, dual 10" woofers, 6" mid bass, 4" mid and EMIT-R.

I'm also able to find info on the 3007s and 3008s. Looks like I may have to guesstimate based on what the lower models seem to fetch currently.
 
Yea. Those must be pretty sweet. Never seen them before. I would love to have a crack at the cabinets. From my experience, the veneer is robust enough that restoration, even intense, is fully possible. They can look and feel wonderful. Cabinets that size would make a real statement piece. The particle board gets dry, but can be stabilized nicely where the drivers mount. Very nice speakers.
 
I passed on a pair of those at $500 maybe six years ago. I don't think about it every week or even every month, but every time I do think of it I regret failing to pick those up.
 
I passed on a pair of those at $500 maybe six years ago. I don't think about it every week or even every month, but every time I do think of it I regret failing to pick those up.


2 pairs of 3009’s popped up in Northern Michigan about 2 years ago in the dead of winter for a whopping $150.00. Mint condition and just needed foam

I’m located in California but have friends that would of happily picked them up for me and held them in their warehouse until I could arrange shipping. Unfortunately, the listing had an error and I wasn’t able to contact the seller to make those arrangements. I refreshed the ad every day for about 40+ days until it expired.

I know how you feel but worse.
 
I love my 3008 pair. I recently missed out on a pair of 3006 with mismatched mids that was just too far too drive. The seller wanted $150, then dropped to $120 (a steal IMO)
 
Back
Top Bottom