• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity IRS Epsilon front grill cloth

Are Gjerde

New Member
Hello

I have bought an almost mint condition pair of the kind speakers Infinity IRS Epsilon. Almost is the same as not at all... There is a small rip/hole in the front grill cloth on one of the speakers. I was wondering what I should do to fix it? The easiest would be to replace the cloth I guess, but I doubt I will get exactly the same style, so then I would have to swap out both. Any suggestion to where I should get hold of such? It would be great if I could get something similar looking and it must not obstruct the sound any more than the orignal.

I love the speakers. But the hole, that I first decided to ignore is getting to me. Speakers that sound so close to perfection deserves decent clothing....
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm surprised other people haven't replied to your post. Yes I would definitely replace both and try to pick as transparent of cloth as possible. I've done this with other older speakers and taken the grill to yardage stores. Choose a nylon material so that it stretches and doesn't absorb sound. If you're lucky, they'll even refer you to someone that will to it for you for very little money.
 
Back
Top Bottom