• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity kappa 6 or reference three?

righteous

New Member
I'll Currently looking on my local Craigslist for infinity speakers and I'm between a pair of kappa 6s (35$) that had a woofer replaced and has a damaged dust cap on one of the woofers, or a pair of reference threes (30$) that need a refoam. Can anyone give me some insight on which would be a better buy? I'm more comfortable with smaller speakers as I'm limited with space but I've been encouraged to look into the kappas. Any advice?
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/4994011767.html
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/4982320188.html
 
Register to hide this ad
the kappa is substantially better than the reference three. jump on them. just one of the kappa's tweeters is worth the $35 asking price.



.
 
What do you think about the listing saying that the woofer was replaced? I have no idea if that's a refoam or a complete replacement. If it is would I need to look into replacing myself? I've heard good things about the emit tweeters so hopefully the seller responds.
 
At that price the 6.1s are a steal, even if you have to buy new woofers (and check ebay, I believe there's a pair up for sale now). No, those are not the originals.

Run, run, run and get them. And ask, the seller may still have the originals.
 
That's too bad, I'd hold off on the Reference three, there's nothing particularly special about it (it's actually not a bad price for it, but once you've heard an EMIT there's no going back). Reference four or above, now you're talking.
 
Wait a sec . Didnt the op state he was refering to the kappa 6 not the 6.1 . he may be confused between the 2 woofers pictured wont work in kappa 6
( master of the obvious :smoke:) Hopefully they are not gone but that price is too good to be true if all else is working .
 
Ok I didnt notice that little "snide" but hillaruosly true comment thanks standuffer :" just ask lisnthedark "
:whip::pistols: yeah beat up on the stupid guy ..
( GUILTY ) I am not the one to ask about refoaming . unless you are going to do a pair of 6.1s and are proficient with a :uzi: ( with which to remove the pvcd faceplates . Then i might tell my cautionary tales in sevice of others
 
Back
Top Bottom