• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity Primus 250 Tower Speaker tweeters

Allen1981

Active Member
Bought a set of infinity Primus 250 Tower Speaker from a guy and was on a hurry so I made the mistake of assuming they were in good condition but got home and hooked them up and both tweeters on them were not working at all so I took them out and looked at them and it was not a loose connection from the wiring to the tweeters like I was hoping for, upon reading about this model online I saw many ppl saying they are the same issue so it sounds common for this model. Where and how much are replacement tweeters for these? Or should I just use the woofers in another empty speaker box, kind of a Frankenstein speaker box, as a project? I do have a pair of empty Onkyo skf-200 speaker boxes that use 2 woofers each like the Primus 250 boxes and the Onkyo boxes still have good tweeters in them, would this be an idea worth trying? These are what both look like
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20210302-213145.png
    Screenshot_20210302-213145.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210302-213219.png
    Screenshot_20210302-213219.png
    403.1 KB · Views: 11
Register to hide this ad
First off... Slap a multimeter on them and check for an open voice coil. The problem could be with the crossovers instead of the tweeters so you need to make sure that they are dead before replacing...
 
Back
Top Bottom