• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity Renaissance 80 speaker fell, now EMIM and EMITs not working

universalcat

New Member
So unfortunately my left channel Ren 80 took a good tumble about 3 ft to the floor...
Ever since the Tweeter and Mid-range EMIM and EMIT ribbon speakers arent working. No sound is coming out of them at all. (The woofer sounds fine.)

Is this a crossover issue? Think I could fix it? I don't know how to solder but if it will save me $100's I'll try to learn! What should I do?

Thanks for your help
 
Register to hide this ad
VcjzLgj



VcjzLgj
 
If there's no visible damage to the drivers and they didn't hit anything directly, then your problem is probably inside (and likely a less expensive fix).

ETA: check the back panel to make sure both jumper straps are tightly attached.
 
I'd start with the shorting straps on the back. the High energy EMIT and High energy EMIM are rare as hens teeth. Hopefully you didn't dislodge the magnets.

Good luck!
 
I'd start with the shorting straps on the back. the High energy EMIT and High energy EMIM are rare as hens teeth. Hopefully you didn't dislodge the magnets.
With dislodged magnets, I think you'd still get some sound, unless they were dislodged onto the floor.
 
Back
Top Bottom