• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity RS 106

Jovinyl

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Picked up a pair of Infinity RS 106 speakers. Just for the name and the price. They need a refoam. Curious as how these stand with the Advent Baby II's or the ADS L400's. Then there is always the not worth the foam part. Any opinion's or in use?
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi avguytx. These are a little smaller than the Baby Advent II speakers. Impulse buy on the Infinity name.
 

Attachments

  • Infinity RS_106_1 (648 x 486).jpg
    Infinity RS_106_1 (648 x 486).jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Infinity RS_106_2 (648 x 486).jpg
    Infinity RS_106_2 (648 x 486).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 33
They shouldnt be that bad. The only infinity series that i hear people talking bad about is the sm series. So you are at least a bit better than those, but then again i have never heard the speakers you have which could turn out to be damn fine speakers.
 
The correct model number is RS-10b, not RS-106.

If the drivers are all working, these are easily worth a re-foam. Personally, I think they'll stomp the Baby II's. I had a pair of Baby II's some years ago and wasn't all that impressed. Can't say about the ADS's, however.
 
Ok....THAT model number makes sense and I would spend the time on refoaming those, too. Cost for 6.5" surrounds should be fairly minimal and I bet they sound quite nice. I've never heard them personally but I agree with Tedrick....I've heard the Baby Advents. Nice but not a pair I'd keep around long.

Definitely give them a shot.
 
Thanks all. I took a better look, small b, sure looked like a 6. guess i'll do the refoam give them listen.


"Tedrick. I had a pair of Baby II's some years ago and wasn't all that impressed. Can't say about the ADS's, however."

I have the ADS L-400's with the metal grill. Keepers. I'm Hoping the RS-10b speakers can give them a run or at least best The Baby Advent's.

Now that I have the correct model # I can find some info.
 
Back
Top Bottom