• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity RS 3000

orionkc

Smooth
Got a line on a pair of RS-3000. Just wondering whether they are a decent pair of 2 ways. I think they have the polycell tweeters. Not sure about the woofers. Oak veneer cabinets? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Is $30 too much if I have to refoam the woofers? Thanks

I also picked up a pair of Infinity 2500's for $10.00. They sound pretty good but one of the tweeters (Polydax) is bad and I am looking for a replacement. They have rubber 8" surrounds so I should be good there. If not I may just put these woofers in the RS 3000's. Not sure about the impedance but I think that both pairs of speakers are 4ohm.

Rick
 
Register to hide this ad
Got a line on a pair of RS-3000. Just wondering whether they are a decent pair of 2 ways. I think they have the polycell tweeters. Not sure about the woofers. Oak veneer cabinets? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Is $30 too much if I have to refoam the woofers? Thanks

I also picked up a pair of Infinity 2500's for $10.00. They sound pretty good but one of the tweeters (Polydax) is bad and I am looking for a replacement. They have rubber 8" surrounds so I should be good there. If not I may just put these woofers in the RS 3000's. Not sure about the impedance but I think that both pairs of speakers are 4ohm.

Rick

the poly cell version in those are smaller magnet that the sm series.
the pair I have put peerless 8 inchers for a sealed cab. in them and wow big improvement. the crossover in them lends itself easily to many drivers with little modificaton. always meant to add a pair of the vifa tweeters and keep the nice sealed cabs.
not worth the hassle to redo the surrounds in the infinity , weird size.
 
I've a set of the later "Reference Series Three" speakers- a three-way design.

Infinity casn be confusing with their numbers, eh?

They use the Polycell tweeter and black carbon or graphite-style rigid cones.

A fun speaker, and I really like them lots- though maybe not the most accurate speaker out there.
 
Back
Top Bottom