• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Info needed on Castle Chester

theinnersource

New Member
I can't find any info on-line and was hoping someone on here would be able to provide me with some info on these speakers.
My set-up currently consists of an Onkyo Integra A-8087, NAD 522 and a Sony PS-X75.
I wanted to know how these speakers might fit into my system, I don't have the means to audition at the moment and was hoping for some feedback.

Thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
Castles are one of the most consistently well reviewed lines of speakers in HiFi News and Record Review and What HiFi. On the other hand, a very little pair I had just didn't sound good -- I had to refoam them, and perhaps the foam wasn't the correct roll size or maybe they needed recapping -- this was before I took recapping very seriously.
 
Thanks for the reply Nat,

I'm hoping they will be an improvement on the Celestion DL4's I currently use. I'm just heading out now to pick them up,

I'll post a photo and my experience with them latter. Again thanks for the info.
 
So far I'm impressed!... without a proper set-up or positioning it's amazing the sense of depth space these speakers have brought to the music. I find the midrange to be quite detailed, even at low volume levels. The bass is not as tight as it could be, I'm thinking by putting the spikes in, stone slabs to rest on and proper position from the wall may help here.

Here is a pic of the rig:
IMG_0993.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom