• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Info on JBL LX66 Speakers

votoms888

New Member
I was wondering if anyone has any information on JBL LX66 Floor standing speakers. I picked them up used from a friend. They have a stamp on the back saying "made in Denmark". I am interested to see if anyone has any experience with them. I have tried them in my system and they have a strong bottom end and a nice top but lack a little in the mids. If anyone has any info on them please let me know.
 
Register to hide this ad
bluebook says

JBL SPK, LX 66 (MILITARY) (PAIR)
Description: 3-WAY, (2)8" WOOFER, 5" MIDRANGE, 1" TWEETER
Manufacture Years: 1991 - 1992
Additional Information:
Retail
MSRP: $640.00
USED: $160.00
 
From the looks of the orion listing they might be a euro version of the lx44 which is quite a respectable speaker for that time and position in the JBL line. For some reason mine sound good mated with a less than great mid 80's sansui receiver in the garage.
 
were these a pretty good speaker? The thing we can't understand is how my friend's dad could have gotten them since he had no connections with the military. He purchased them new in HONG KONG.
 
I had a pair of the LX55's and liked them except, they were a little lacking in the mids. :scratch2: So I sold them. I really liked those 1" titanium tweeters though. There is someone else here (AK) that owns a pair of the 55's too, can't remember who off hand. If you do a search of the JBL-LX55 I'm sure they're name will come up.



Retro
 
LX66 was sold in audio (non-military) shops here in Asia late '80s to early '90s at a price range of $700 to $900/pair. it's an improved version of LX44 i once bought at roughly $500 (since i couldn't afford the LX66 i previously auditioned).
 
Back
Top Bottom