• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Inner sleeves

easy runnin

New Member
I started using plastic inner sleeves. Some of my original paper sleeves have artwork, lyrics, or advertising on them. What do you do with the originals? Do you keep it all together or do you file separately? I've been keeping them together but I'm concerned on some albums it might be too much pressure on the outer sleeve.
 
Register to hide this ad
I usually keep them together depending on the condition of course.
Normally just use a plastic sleeve inside the paper sleeve and haven't run into any problems and I've got '000's
A lot of the time I just use the original paper sleeve if they are in great condition.
 
I started using plastic inner sleeves. Some of my original paper sleeves have artwork, lyrics, or advertising on them. What do you do with the originals? Do you keep it all together or do you file separately? I've been keeping them together but I'm concerned on some albums it might be too much pressure on the outer sleeve.

They've got stuff on that goes with the album. Leave them together !!

Use an outer sleeve and file inserts outside the cardboard cover if need be.
 
If the inner sleeve is custom, then I put it inside the jacket. If it is generic, I toss it.

I put the LP into a plastic inner sleeve and store it outside the LP jacket so I can take out just the LP without messing with the jacket. I put everything in a plastic outer sleeve.
 
MFSL inner sleeves for me. Original sleeve goes in the jacket. If it's a generic sleeve I usually get rid of it. Album jacket always goes into an outer sleeve.
 
I keep the originals if there is artwork or lyrics or something. if its plain paper it goes. If its advertising and in decent shape I might keep it but if its ratty it gets trashed.
 
I keep any inserts that apply to the album, pitch everything else. Record goes into Diskeeper™ 2.0 Antistatic Record Sleeves, after going through a RCM cleaning.
 
If the inner sleeve is custom, then I put it inside the jacket. If it is generic, I toss it.

I put the LP into a plastic inner sleeve and store it outside the LP jacket so I can take out just the LP without messing with the jacket. I put everything in a plastic outer sleeve.

Yep, although sometimes it is difficult to place the empty inner sleeve into the outer without damage to one or the other.
 
I always put records into MFSL sleeves. If the inner is generic, I toss it. If there is any artwork on it, even unrelated to the album, I'll keep it inside the jacket unless its a tight fit which is pretty rare.
 
Back
Top Bottom