• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Inputs on JBL L50

lordfoo

Active Member
I am deciding whether to get a pair of JBL L50 or not.

Any inputs on this model?

I have experiences with a pair of Jubals, and a pair of FL100s (a locally assembled floorstanding version of the JBL 4311.

My other speaker experiences are with an AR90, KLH 6s, Large Advents, HPM100 and NS1000m.



thanks
Foo
 
Register to hide this ad
I had a pair, they're ok. To my ears they had more punch than 4311's. Surprising amount of bass kick with a 165 wpc amp.
 
Good speakers. I still have a pair. I read a very good review on them back in their heyday. One of JBL's more accurate bookshelf speakers.
 
I got em and brought them home today. I haven't listened to them yet. Will try to post before and after pictures later.
 
I also had a pair that at the time I was A/B'ing against a pair of homebrew Marshall Leach designed speakers. The homebrew Leach had a Peerless mid and the JBL's sounded muddy by comparison

pict0018mediumoc7.jpg


ml0002smallkg4.jpg


But like CLMRT said I sold both and don't miss either one because neither one of them held a candle to my L-100T's
 
Back
Top Bottom