• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Installing cartridge question (audio technica at95e and stock technics headshell)

Callumpart

New Member
Hello, I've just bought a technics sl1800 and I'm really confused with how I can attach the cartridge because the headshell doesn't look like the ones I've seen on the various tutorials.

The cartridge that I want to attach is the audio technica at95e. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

 
Register to hide this ad
image.jpeg
There's a part missing, a 'sled' that the cartridge attaches to, that slides front to back.
 
That's it. It attaches to the headshell with a bolt through the center hole (loosen the bolt to adjust the length, tighten one it is set correctly), then the cartridge is bolted through holes on each side.
 
Your headshell has a screw and a plastic piece missing. The screw on top is for overhang adjustment, and the plastic insert has threads to mount your cartridge.
 
Back
Top Bottom