• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Instant addiction

tunz

Man in Motion
Well I am an addict. I went to the post office today to pick up a package I was notified about. To my amazement there were 5 packages. There was a set of Heathkit ea-2 monobloks that Dano53 just built and sold to me. What a pair. They looked absolutely brand new in every way. The workmanship was visually an absolute work of art. I hooked them up to my 846a Valencias and heard what they really sounded like for the first time. I just then realized what wonderful speakers they really were. I have been enjoying them but now I can really hear how wonderful they really are. As for the ea-2,s they are absolutely silent from the instant you turn them on. There isn't even a trace of any kind of noise or hum just pure honey. I have heard several costly tube systems but never owned my own. My ears tell me I have the best set I have heard. In the other packages were a set of Qiuad esl 57's I plan to use with these amps but I didn't get power cords with them.
Thank you DanO for a better than great deal in my openion. :banana: :banana: :banana: :music: :music: :D :D :D :banana: :yes: :yes: :banana:
 
Register to hide this ad
You are welcome sir. When you do get around to it I too would like to see those Quads. I saw the pictures of the Altecs you stoled from that poor man JK.
 
Here are some pics.

One of the Quads grill was damaged in shipping. Wouldn't you know the guy I bought them from didn't insure them.

1003385h.jpg


1003384v.jpg
 
If the damage was done during shipping I would be talking to the sender. Ebay may help you out if need be also. I dont know much about those but if they have metal screens behind the cloth can they be made flat again? But again, seems to me you have a legitimate issue here with the seller/shipper.
 
He and I are having an intense discussion. He seems to think he is blameless. ebay is the next step I guess. I do have paypal buyer protection but I have never had to use it and will just have to wait and see how that works out?
 
Ebay and damages

Good luck w/ Paypal and Ebay on damages.
I have had two very nasty experiences with these two outfits, it's been 7 years on the first, and that account is still in "suspension". HaHA.
They will protect the seller only. You are out in the cold.... Your only recourse would be to PAY FOR shipping and send them back, if the buyer will take them back. For those who don't know, Ebay and Paypal are "joined at the hip" so to speak.
FYI: ALWAYS anchor your Paypal account with a credit card, even if you are "certified member", you can still choose to pay w/ a CCard. then you have some leverage thru your CC company, by refuting the charge.
When I buy or sell, Always , Always, ALWAYS insure the items. Demand it.

my two cents Stu
 
I had very good experience with eBay and Paypal when I received expensive and defective merchandise. They were very helpful and got me a refund *fast*.
 
Ebay has changed drastically. The buyer is king now. When I ship an item I consider it still in my possession until it is accepted by the seller. The insurance is for my protection should damage occur during shipping. When you contact ebay you need to focus on the phrase "not as described" instead of damaged during shipping. As a seller I contract with the shipper to deliver my goods in the same condition they were in prior to packing and shipping. If damage occurs, it really happened to "my stuff" since, even though paid for, it has not actually transfered ownership until accepted by the buyer. If you order a new car from a dealer and it comes off the car hauler damaged, the car dealer is liable. It is his responsibility to work out the particulars with the shipper, not the buyer. You have a very valid complaint and I would not just let the seller off the hook especially if as you indicated insurance was supposed to be part of the deal. At least I would get a partial refund for the damage. I would demand it!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom