• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Interesting article about today's music...

Register to hide this ad
Well... I've been a professional musician in the business for over 30 years now, as well as someone who also works for one of the biggest concert promoters in Illinois, and I can tell you from experience that this man knows what he's talking about.

The downfall basically started with "Frampton Comes Alive" and has only gotten worse since. As soon as the big corporations got a sniff of the money that could be made, like that record did, we were all doomed. At least as far as decent radio goes.

I just thank god for the bands out their that follow their hearts instead of their wallets. And luckily there is quite an abundents of them right now that are making great records despite of this bullshit.

But that's just my opinion.
mOOn
 
Moon

I have a friend who owns a used cd store but he is also a pro bass player,he is currently touring with Prince Edward Island's own,Nathan Wiley,who is opening for Blue Rodeo.Anyway Chas.has been saying the same stuff you just said for as long as I've known him.
And like you said there are some good artists/bands putting out good music.He and 3 other locals formed a band called Birdhouse did their own production,promo etc.It is an xcellent album with grown-up,melodic lyrics. They didn't do it for the money,thewse guys just love making music as i am sure you are aware of this emotion

regards

Alan
 
I know I may seem a little overly passionate about this subject, but I do see it on a daily basis with the job I have. Blue Rodeo is a great Canadian band & a very good example of the kind of bands I'm talking about. How often do you hear them on basic rock radio? More than likely NEVER, but THAT don't mean they're not a great band!

Like I said, there are a quite a few cool bands out there doing it without corporate help. In fact the entertainment agency I work for runs a club in Champaign, IL that books almost nothing but underground bands that are building loyal cult followings by playing some of the most exciting & original music you'll ever hear.

I'm just proud to be in a position now where I can help support these bands when radio won't.

They're out there...
You just have to want to find them.
Moon
 
Back
Top Bottom