• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Interesting looking little speakers

Thrift-a-holic

Hooked for life
Anybody now anything about these? They are Kenwoods with a 12 inch woofer. The kinda look like they were going for the look of some of the yamaha NS speakers that are so famed. The guy wants what I would call a unreasonable amount for them, which is also what makes me curious of the potential sleeper factor.
 

Attachments

  • Kenwood.jpg
    Kenwood.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 154
Register to hide this ad
I had a pair of those. The old fella I got them from put in new woofers that were of good quality and they sounded not at all bad! A bit bright but turning down the tweeter a little it was all good! well built cabs. I can't remember the model # though. I think it was ls-407?... just can't recall. SORRY! I remember finding info on the net and Kenwood did spend some $$ on R&D when developing them.
 
I had similar looking speakers, but with 15" woofers. LS-408 may be. Wasn't impressed that much. And what is he asking for them?
 
Not mirror-imaged, the first question I ask myself is whether they are good enough to warrant reversing one of the baffles, rarely a simple task.

If the objective is to rehab and flip, the profit is made in the acquisition cost, and at $150, these likely do not qualify; I'd be a long time waiting for a bigger fool to buy them.... :thumbsdn:
 
Last edited:
Kubuki with car subwoofers (lettering on dustcap) run and bury your head under a pillow. :)

That's what I see too ........................ I've got a pair of Kubuki Sansui 12" 4-ways that are similar, but they sound decent & I only gave $15.00 for the pair at a yard sale.
 
Back
Top Bottom