• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Interesting memorabilia found in LPs, CDs etc.

RemoWilliams

Addicted Member
Signed copies are one obvious find, in my case I purchased Erroll Garner's Concert By The Sea and as I pulled the record from the sleeve out dropped a small receipt from a long defunct place called Isy's Supper Club located in downtown Vancouver, B.C. It took some deciphering as the name was not immediately recognizable but turns out it was signed by Erroll Garner himself.

EjRr6uBh.jpg






Well known for a number of years, until the early '70's at least for presenting many well known jazz musicians and others in the music industry in an upscale atmosphere. Whether I can pinpoint the date is uncertain, one possible clue is that the two beers ordered were 1.70 each.


Anyway, a piece of music history for next to nothing. If you have any interesting finds or stories please share!


This includes long gone record store inner sleeves as well. Such as:



YiU5UiSh.jpg






Br8bWIgh.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I have a White Dog RCA Victor Stereo set of Artur Rubinstein playing Chopin's 8 Polonaises and Impromptus. There's a 1971-1972 season Atlanta Music Club All Star Concert Series program with that year, "Leontyne Price in Recital, Andre Previn conducting the London Symphony, The National Ballet performing Cinderella with an exciting prima-ballerina dancing the title role, Raymond Lewenthal in a solo recital". Top ticket for season, $25 in Box, Loge, Orchestra Front. Orchestra center and dress circle front, $20. A nice bargain for the quality of what is offered, in those days what 4 full price Classical LP discs cost new. Next Atlanta all star attraction in 1972, Birgit Nilsson. It costs me that or more for a decent seat today to see the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra under Aram Demerjian. (Excellent in it's own right).
 
I have a ticket stub dated either April 25 or 26 1988 from Pink Floyd's "Momentary Lapse Of Reason" tour. I found it inside the sleeve of a copy of a Delicate Sound of Thunder.

My friend at the local record store found a picture of Robert Cray, Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan inside a record. He gave it to me when I bought a stack of vinyl a few weeks ago.
 
Last edited:
Back in the day I used to frequent the Hollywood Record swap meet at the Capital Records parking lot; got a lot of new publicity issues and cutouts.

This was in a Tom Petty record; don’t know if it is actually used as a production element or not.

4FFE3E96-968A-4743-AD98-4781264B8D3E.jpeg
 
In a Siouxsie Sioux LP,
a torn off scrap of blue paper with her signature / autograph .
Compared on the web and it looks authentic.

In a Foo Fighters CD, don't remember just now ,
a piece of 2" master tape, from the Wasting Light album,
but it wasn't that cd.
 
In record sleeves I inherited from my best friend I found a lot of bank statements of his notoriously overdrawn account. He obviously tried to hide them from his wife (she hated music and would never have touched his LP collection). How sad.
 
The only memorabilia in any of my LP's is my ticket stub from the Stones Sticky Fingers tour.
 
Back
Top Bottom