robbymo
New Member
Hello AK - I posed this query in the tube amp section a few days ago but it appears this problem is occurring across all my receivers/amps. I'd originally heard a high pitched noise in all channels in my EICO HF-81, sounding a bit like Cell Phone interference of yore ... a faint squealing noise a bit like a dot matrix printer. Cleaned the pots/connections as advised and the problem still persists.
I've subsequently plugged in various solid state receivers including a Marantz 2230, Marantz 3330 + 140 preamp/amp, Pioneer SX 780 through different speakers, different power outlets and different rooms and am getting the same noises through all in varying degrees. The sound increases with turning up the volume, and listening in the preamp stages.
I've disconnected wi-fi routers, power strips and any lights that might be causing this but the problem persists. I live in an apartment building in NY. The problem started a few days ago and my neighbor has cited a strange noise in his clock radio - not sure if there's a relation.
Any other ideas to help diagnose?
I've subsequently plugged in various solid state receivers including a Marantz 2230, Marantz 3330 + 140 preamp/amp, Pioneer SX 780 through different speakers, different power outlets and different rooms and am getting the same noises through all in varying degrees. The sound increases with turning up the volume, and listening in the preamp stages.
I've disconnected wi-fi routers, power strips and any lights that might be causing this but the problem persists. I live in an apartment building in NY. The problem started a few days ago and my neighbor has cited a strange noise in his clock radio - not sure if there's a relation.
Any other ideas to help diagnose?