• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Introduce the App to support reparing or diy tube Amp

sangtruong

New Member
Hi everyone,

I've been building an app called OhmNote for tube audio DIY, hope it helps and I'd like
some honest feedback from you.

Most of my time went into the Tube Analyzer. You pick a tube, set the
operating conditions, and it will:

- plot the anode characteristic curves and draw the load line
- place the operating point and show where it sits against Pa max
- solve for grid bias, anode current, or the cathode resistor for self-bias
- estimate gain, output power, and how much drive you get before clipping
- work in either frame: B+ to ground, or Va referred to the cathode
- handle SE and push-pull, with an OPT primary, a plate resistor, or UL

It runs on the Koren and Ayumi models, and I should be upfront about the
weak spot: finding good parameters is much harder than writing the solver.
Some tubes are fitted well, others less so, and a handful still disagree
with their own datasheet. I'm working through them and I'd rather say so
than pretend otherwise.


Besides the Tube analyzer:

- Pinouts for 2,400+ tubes
- Full data and operating points for 260+ tubes
- Substitution guide with 4,000+ entries
- Tester settings for the TV-7 and TV-2 (about 5,900 rows)
- Transformer winding calculators - power, OPT, choke
- Stepped attenuator designer
- 30+ other electronics calculators


These are early versions and I'm sure there are mistakes in both the code
and the data. If you spot a wrong pinout, a bad substitution, or a curve
that doesn't match your datasheet, please tell me - that kind of report is
worth more to me than anything else. If you can point at the datasheet
page, even better.

Some tools are behind a paid tier, but I've tried to keep the free version
genuinely useful rather than crippled. If you want the pro features, just
message me and I'll send you a promo code - no strings.

Install:

iOS https://apps.apple.com/app/id6799597672
Android OhmNote: Electronics Tube Amp - Apps on Google Play
Website OhmNote — Electronics & Vacuum Tube Toolkit

Or search "OhmNote" in either store.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any corrections.
Wishing an approval from Mod.
 
Register to hide this ad
Wow! I have not looked yet, but this sounds like a major accomplishment. Congratulations. Thanks for sharing and I will take a good look-and-try over the next weeks and provide feedback.
 
Last edited:
Just downloaded the Android version. Very impressive scope, and well laid out. It's clear that a serious amount of work went into this!

Looking forward to spending time with it and hoping to provide some worthwhile feedback.

Thank you for letting us know about it.
 
Hi everyone,

I've been building an app called OhmNote for tube audio DIY, hope it helps and I'd like
some honest feedback from you.

Most of my time went into the Tube Analyzer. You pick a tube, set the
operating conditions, and it will:

- plot the anode characteristic curves and draw the load line
- place the operating point and show where it sits against Pa max
- solve for grid bias, anode current, or the cathode resistor for self-bias
- estimate gain, output power, and how much drive you get before clipping
- work in either frame: B+ to ground, or Va referred to the cathode
- handle SE and push-pull, with an OPT primary, a plate resistor, or UL

It runs on the Koren and Ayumi models, and I should be upfront about the
weak spot: finding good parameters is much harder than writing the solver.
Some tubes are fitted well, others less so, and a handful still disagree
with their own datasheet. I'm working through them and I'd rather say so
than pretend otherwise.


Besides the Tube analyzer:

- Pinouts for 2,400+ tubes
- Full data and operating points for 260+ tubes
- Substitution guide with 4,000+ entries
- Tester settings for the TV-7 and TV-2 (about 5,900 rows)
- Transformer winding calculators - power, OPT, choke
- Stepped attenuator designer
- 30+ other electronics calculators


These are early versions and I'm sure there are mistakes in both the code
and the data. If you spot a wrong pinout, a bad substitution, or a curve
that doesn't match your datasheet, please tell me - that kind of report is
worth more to me than anything else. If you can point at the datasheet
page, even better.

Some tools are behind a paid tier, but I've tried to keep the free version
genuinely useful rather than crippled. If you want the pro features, just
message me and I'll send you a promo code - no strings.

Install:

iOS https://apps.apple.com/app/id6799597672
Android OhmNote: Electronics Tube Amp - Apps on Google Play
Website OhmNote — Electronics & Vacuum Tube Toolkit

Or search "OhmNote" in either store.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any corrections.
Wishing an approval from Mod.
Is this program only for use with phones not for computers ???
 
Hi Fxer,

This is Mobile App, however you can run it on MacOS computer, doesn't support Windows. Thank you for interesting.
I run PureOS on a Linux computer. You can look it up under Purism the one I have is a Librem mini v2. wondering how it says tools purchased in program???? Can you verify if every tool is extra cost ??
 
Last edited:
I run PureOS on a Linux computer. You can look it up under Purism the one I have is a Librem mini v2. wondering how it says tools purchased in program???? Can you verify if every tool is extra cost ??
Hi fxer, the Program can not run on PureOS either. Regarding the cost, please do not worry, if you didn't upgrade to the Pro version, then you won't be charged any cost. If you want to use the pro version for free, I can give promoted code for free using too. Thank you.
 
Back
Top Bottom