• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is a $2k amp logical for a 700sq.ft. Apartment?

I don't have the resources to spend quite that much per piece, not that I don't adore my amp (VTA ST70). I also live in a fairly open 700ish sq/ft apartment. I think if I were considering sinking that much more into my rig, I would probably be looking at acoustic treatment. I can't say I've been in many apartments with stellar acoustics.

Sorry, I know it's a little off topic... a bit of catharsis for me :p
 
Need more info. Where exactly is this apt & #. That'll help us help you. :D

Your problem is you went to lite. You need a 70# amp with 450 wpc like this guy...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Citation-7-1-4ch-amplifier-2x450w-made-in-USA-when-HK-was-owned-by-Madrigal-3k-/222091201257?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=gcDv4tEfigdZ82Zze7Ixpdqykyw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Then, you'll sign a ten year lease not wanting to move because A. Amp is to damn heavy. B. You'll be afraid and embarrassed to ask for help moving it especially the hot chick next door to help you. (Although wrap a towel around that and do some curls and she might be impressed. There now you have a weight set too)
But it'll solve all your power needs for the next decade. No more asking these silly question of should I upgrade. At 450 wpc your golden and have money left over to take that hot chick out who moved the amp herself.

See, problem solved. Logic, my man. Always go BIG. Solves all your problems.
 
Back
Top Bottom