• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is it naive to pay for music and books in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think I'm helping the artist(s) and engineers responsible for the creation of that music - same goes for books. People dont spent a lifetime developing these skills to have nefarious little shits download their blood, sweat and tears for free.

Thoughts ?

What about these nefarious little shits?

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20080820/0204472040.shtml

http://www.gerryhemingway.com/piracy2.html

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100712/23482610186.shtml

http://www.mrldavis.com/industry_re...ni-braxton-and-tlc-can-go-broke-and-bankrupt/


Like I have said, doesn't mean downloading isn't stealing but you're only stealing from thieves. Whether that's right or wrong to you is entirely up to you. Personally, I don't care.

I do listen to a lot of artists who self produce albums and I am sure to buy those as I know the money is going to them.

Besides, many musicians feed that bs that they do it for the love of the music and would do it for free. Now that they are they all cry broke. The internet is great. It's a platform for all musicians to get their music out. If they really loved doing it they'd do it without a paycheck for it.
 
I think the quality of music being released today (sound quality as well as quality of talent) is on a path that will soon lead to it being worth exactly what those who steal it are paying. Nothing, zip, zilch, zero.

Yea, all those Leif Garrett albums sure had tons of value. Not to mention all the other crap released that time has forgotten.

There is more quality music being released today then there ever was ever. It's just not available through the same avenues and before and the dinosaurs don't know where to look.

Music hasn't become obsolete, the old guys looking for it on radio and tv have.
 
Why, why, why do I even get involved in these threads?

Without pointing any fingers at any posters at all, we're now down to parsing words and playing semantic games with legal terminology that zero people in this thread actually understand, in order to justify something that is not justifiable.

Time to close this.


Edit:

Forgive me for adding another post, but this was just too good to pass up:

If not theft, then what is it? Permanently borrowed without permission?

Uncle Paul, you nailed it. :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom