• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is it possible?

Earlsays

Well-Known Member
Is it possible to "clean up" the sound of the woofers on the SP-200's to make them sound a little more "clear" or less muddy or possibly increase bass response without actually replacing the woofers themselves? Or is there a suitable replacement that would sound good, and the grill will still fit over? IMO, the mids & highs sound great...the low end could use some work...which seems about typical for Sansui speakers...I'm not complaining, I really like the way they sound I just think the lows could at least be cleaner sounding. Would replacing the caps in the crossover help? If so what do I need to replace and what with...who has done this and who can help me (or who can do it for me) :thmbsp:

thanks!

Earl
 
Register to hide this ad
Re-capping the crossovers will usually clean up muddy sound. I've not done many speakers, so i can't really offer a great deal of cap advice.

By nature all the sui speakers I've listened to seem to show the symptoms you describe. Most people will put a sub in their system to cover the frequencies the sansuis drop off at.
 
Well, I alredy knew that they where going to be like this....was just looking for a way to clean it up a bit. I will add a sub (and more speakers and more gear etc etc) once I get a bigger place :banana:
 
Back
Top Bottom