• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

is something missing here?

Register to hide this ad
They look complete to me at a quick glance, what do you think might be missing?

FWIW, these would run from an outboard power supply, or from power taps on the amplifiers they were used with.
 
That, what I am getting at where is the power supply? Also the high ohm value, were all those old crossovers and speakers rated like that? Then the output tubes, can you get them glass? I am sorry but I am unsure why I do not understand the value here, just seems like there should be more.
 
These are just preamplifiers, and i'm fairly sure they're "auxillary" at that. They just drove the inputs of the main amplifier/s.

Probably used for paging and announcements, and to play intermission, pre, and post film background music.

Those large "cans" are input transformers and probably where a significant amount of the value comes from if the interest in them was from outside the collector market.

Add to that the fact that the units are consecutive S/N's, and we're likely now playing in the serious collector's arena.
 
Well they sold for a remarkable amount of money. I hope the buyer researches them well before touching them. Sometimes updating or "improving" can reduce the value to a serious collector.
 
Back
Top Bottom