• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is the fisher spacexpander worth it?

Carbsandcaps

Super Member
I have an opportunity to buy a k10 space expander with the original tank but no tubes for $250. I think that’s crazy high but I see them all over the place and was wondering if they’re worth it. Is it just a normal reverb or does it do anything else?
 
Register to hide this ad
Well, I paid $325 for mine with tubes so your price seems right. Nothing special, just normal reverb. If I had the right buyer, I would let mine go.
 
I wired one into a Gulbransen electronic organ back in the 70s. It worked fine, but really wasnt worth the trouble. YMMV.

Happy new year!
 
I got my K-10 for free (tubes included) and bought a reverb tank online and it actually works. It was more of a fun project out of curiosity than a serious audio endeavor, but I knew that going in.

Besides, it worked for King Tubby. Love the history.
 
Like all things its subjective. I don't personally care for reverb. I've had things in the past that gave that functionality. Fun to play with for a little while but I always found it got annoying pretty quickly. Other people love it, which is why they exist in the first place. If you enjoy it, rock on.
 
Back
Top Bottom