• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is the speed stability of my Technics 1200 acceptable?

How do you figure? Your phone clock gets reset periodically, but over a short time it's still very accurate. By timing a large number of revolutions, you can get a speed that's good to at least three places. It's also the same clock the phone apps use, but without the phone spinning around. So, free and probably more accurate.
I'm not questioning the accuracy of the phone stopwatch.

I’m questioning the accuracy and response time of the human being operating it!
 
Fair point. That's one reason for counting a high number of revolutions. Figure you can start and stop the clock within about a tenth of a revolution of the platter, much closer with some practice. A bit OT- I can time to about 0.02 seconds with a proper stop watch, but way worse with a phone, because of the different user interface. That's why I keep some actual stop watches around. Good ones used to be expensive but a digital AX605 Accusplit has a huge display and can be had for $25 or less.
 
I assume a cheap tachometer is good enough for measuring platter speed, record playing or not. I'll take it over a phone, but I don't like using the phone for everything anyway.
 
Back
Top Bottom