bluenote79
Member
I've experienced quite a few bad pressings lately, where I've compared the reissue to an original pressing or at least an earlier one. I've searched all over the web. Stevehoffman forums, Discogs, AK and a few other sites. There's a little bit of scattered info everywhere, but what I'm wondering is if there is one site where you can go to get pressing info, bad or good? For instance, let's take the recent reissue of Grateful Dead's Aoxomoxoa (2011 Rhino/WB) https://www.discogs.com/The-Grateful-Dead-Aoxomoxoa/release/3593997
I own it and it sounds awful. Distorted, lacking detail. I'd honestly rather stream it. Where might I go to find out what the best sounding pressing is of this release. In an ideal world, the release I mentioned above would be posted with a sign, warning searchers like myself to stay far away!
Again, I'm aware that there is scattered info everywhere, including AK, but I'm curious if there is an organized database of pressing info located in one place.
I own it and it sounds awful. Distorted, lacking detail. I'd honestly rather stream it. Where might I go to find out what the best sounding pressing is of this release. In an ideal world, the release I mentioned above would be posted with a sign, warning searchers like myself to stay far away!
Again, I'm aware that there is scattered info everywhere, including AK, but I'm curious if there is an organized database of pressing info located in one place.
Last edited: