• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

IS there a Stylus upgrade for CF3600LE?

That looks like a winner to me, especially if you like the cartridge and prefer to just clip on a new stylus and go. It'll take two seconds to fit it, plus the time to ensure proper VTF, and off you go. I've rarely heard anything negative about the vivid line styli.

EDIT: Yes, you'll need to set the tracking force per the LPGear recommendation. If you don't own a VTF gauge (super cheap on amazon BTW) you'll need one to set the VTF.


So this is the upgrade stylus I bought.

What do you think?

https://www.lpgear.com/product/LPGATN3600DLXVL.html
 
My objective is enjoying music, detail, channel separation etc.

Now on the stock stylus it already sounds really good. I won't say it doesn't. But I am always nudging toward improvements when ever possible. How does your viviline stylus handle inner grooves vs the stock stylus? I'm assuming much better.

Also, will putting this stylii on the cart change the counter weight tracking needs?
The recommended tracking force for the LP Gear CFN3600LE elliptical on their website says:

Tracking force recommended: 2.5-3.0g (set by listening)

and for the VividLine:

Tracking force range: 2.0-3.0g
 
Doesn't make sense to me that people sweat decisions on what stylus upgrades to make when they are talking about the least costly cart you can find. Your talking about a 20 dollar China made cart
 
I had an ATN3600DLXVL and it was fantastic... up until I accidentally destroyed it when I was checking the alignment! I'll probably grab one again soon considering the price and the great performance I got out of it.
 
Less than $20 if you find the right deal on the bay, at least last I checked. Still, there is a place for such carts and I like that there are stylus options for them. Remember too that the idea of "cheap" can be a moving target. Wasn't it Linn that sold the K9 cartridge, a rebadged AT-95E? How many Linn arms, on turntables costing thousands of dollars, ran rebadged AT/K9 carts over the years?


Doesn't make sense to me that people sweat decisions on what stylus upgrades to make when they are talking about the least costly cart you can find. Your talking about a 20 dollar China made cart
 
Doesn't make sense to me that people sweat decisions on what stylus upgrades to make when they are talking about the least costly cart you can find. Your talking about a 20 dollar China made cart
No perspiration here. I was just wondering if there was an upgrade option and I got that answer thanks to the kind members here.
 
I had an ATN3600DLXVL and it was fantastic... up until I accidentally destroyed it when I was checking the alignment! I'll probably grab one again soon considering the price and the great performance I got out of it.
Can I ask how you accidentally destroyed it so I don't accidentally destroy mine?
 
I have a VL on a made in Japan 3600. The coils measure +/-1% to the China ones. Right now I have 2 made in Japan, 1 in China. They all sound the same. They are cheap because they've made so many. I did get a used Japanese one with a dead channel once. It was promptly replaced. Used ones are like $6.
 
I have a VL on a made in Japan 3600. The coils measure +/-1% to the China ones. Right now I have 2 made in Japan, 1 in China. They all sound the same. They are cheap because they've made so many. I did get a used Japanese one with a dead channel once. It was promptly replaced. Used ones are like $6.

LP gear just shipped the vivline stylus upgrade. Any idea what improvements I should notice? Inner grooves should be handled better presumably?
 
Mine sounded best with the cart slightly tail down( back of cart lower than the front.) Level it didn't sound better than the nude EVG, which is excellent BTW. If your arm is not adjustable, get a thicker mat or add another mat. I noticed that Walmart has a pack of 3 different mats for $25. A cork, silicon rubber and a felt slip mat. I mention this because it was in store so you could get it today. I bought a VL for my shures too. The EVG nudes are very good too. They're not always available though.
 
Mine sounded best with the cart slightly tail down( back of cart lower than the front.) Level it didn't sound better than the nude EVG, which is excellent BTW. If your arm is not adjustable, get a thicker mat or add another mat. I noticed that Walmart has a pack of 3 different mats for $25. A cork, silicon rubber and a felt slip mat. I mention this because it was in store so you could get it today. I bought a VL for my shures too. The EVG nudes are very good too. They're not always available though.
I have a Pioneer PLX1000 so the arm is totally adjustable.

I will say, even though I still haven't received the vivid-line upgrade stylii yet, this cart STILL sounds (to my ears) better than that Pesky Nagaoka mp110 so many people rave about but in my opinion is either overrated or misunderstood in the sense that it has limited tone arm and/or turntable compatibility.

So if this sounds even better with the vivid line stylii I am in for some sonic treats.
 
Just came in the mail today, a day early. And I just installed it and am listening to Madonna-Like a Prayer, which is "stubborn" record in some passages, and I have to say, thus far, it sounds "deeper" than the stock stylii. Separation is also more stereophonic. The stock needle didn't have much Sibilance to begin with, but this one is even better. I will sample a few other of my favorite records and hopefully be able to give a post-break in update shortly. Unless I forget.
 
This stylus sounds real good. One thing I have noticed is that I had to fine tune my receiver better for rock music because this stylus is so good it picks up on almost everything. I had my loudness setting too high on the stock styliii. Once fine tuned it sounds very nice.

What has other peoples experiences been with vividline and rock or metal music?
 
Back
Top Bottom